Chapter Three

Mady's pov

3:58pm
"Madyson Hayes get out of this car this instant!" My aunt screams. "Hell no! I will not sit in Doctor ButtHoles office on a friday to listen to him lecture me! How is that helping with my so called depression?" "Just.. please get out of the car.. please." I start hearing light sobs coming from my aunt. I can tell she is hurt. I get out of the car. She follows. We walk up to a small office space. I walk in. I take a seat on the long maroon sofa that does not go with the Orange paint color.

Dr. Buchholz walks through the door. "Ahh 4pm. Right on time. Madyson, how are you feeling today?" He asked. "Fine." I say, a smirk forming on my face as I remember last night. "Doctor I really dont think I am depressed." I say loud enough for him to hear me. "Oh really? You tried to commit suicide. Please explain to me how this is not a sign of depression." "Well what's wrong with wanting to die? This world is a piece of shit and I dont want to live in it. I am happy. I have an amazing girlfriend, and amazing aunt who takes care of me, and a great education. Depressed people usually dont have those things." I explain, admitting it to myself for the first time that I am not depressed. "You make a good point. How about we make a deal." He says. Raising an eyebrow, I reply "im listening."

"If your aunt can bring me a report in a month that gives me reason to believe you, ill cancel your therapy. No therapy until a month from today." He explains. "Deal. Lets go." I jump up and turn to my aunt. But I am stopped and asked to sit down. "Not just yet. You will no longer have any restrictions. You can be a normal 16 year old teenager. And you cannot leave this office until your aunt agrees to our deal, understand?" Dr. Buchholz asks. "Yes I understand." I say impatiently. "So what do you say, Ms. Russell?" He asks my aunt. "Why not? Lets do it." She replies. "YES. Can we leave now?" "Yes you can leave. See you next month." Dr. Buchholz says, sounding releaved.