Prologue:

Prologue: 

My mom always told me that loving someone is like free-falling. You don't know exactly where you are, when you'll hit the ground, or if the other person is going to catch you. You don't know if you are what they want, or if they even care about you. You just don't know. Even as right as my mom is, I didn't know if I wanted to believe her. She told me that love is so wonderful, if you can find it, but it's rare that anyone finds true love.

My mom taught me that the only way you can love someone is fully, and if you only partially love them you aren't really in love with them.

But she didn't tell me that little things like singing in the shower, or little morning kisses even if you haven't brushed your teeth yet, or little things like holding hands, and just being together truly meant the most.

She didn't tell me that I couldn't pick who I loved either. I thought that dating the head cheerleader would make me happy, I would fall for her and we could get married and have dogs and live with in a house with a bird bath and a brat that would cry every time sponge bob went off, but it didn't happen that way at all.

She didn't tell me that I could love a boy, let alone this boy.

Zaire is beautiful, he's perfect, and his ass is to die for... but it isn't right for me to like his ass. It wasn't right for me to think he is beautiful, or to think he's perfect. It wasn't right that even though I push him into lockers, steal his lunch money and his homework, I still felt insanely attracted to him. Every time I look at him, I feel like another piece of me belongs with him.

Zaire stays alone pretty much all the time, besides his best friend Xix—pronounced like six. Xix is cute, but not as cute as Zaire.

Zaire is short, only five foot two, and has the clearest green eyes I've ever seen. His skin is slightly tanned, and utterly perfect from what I could tell. His brown hair hung down in front of his eyes, but was cut back on the sides, and his lips were perfect. They looked so soft as he bit at them during classes. His short, skinny frame fit his personality completely. The only time I'd seen him really be himself is when he is with Xix.

Xix is pretty short too, but three inches taller than Zaire with black hair that nearly kisses his jaw, and startlingly silver eyes, probably contacts. Xix was pretty hot, but he wasn't Zaire.

Everyone says you fall for the only person you cannot truly have, and I didn't believe that until I really fell for someone I couldn't have. Maybe I can have Zaire, but would he ever want to even look at a freak like me? Oh yeah, I'm popular, not a freak.

Maybe that's why it wasn't possible: because of our different social standings.

Hell, I was about to the point where I didn't give a flying fuck about my social standing though. I realized that high-school is temporary and my social standing here is going to go, and it will make no difference when I make it to college. If I try to see Zaire somehow, I might be able to end up with at least a best friend, maybe a boyfriend.