Caught

I had locked myself into the girl's bathroom, and have been sitting on the toilet seat for the past half hour.
Great. This was my first day back at school and already I was about to miss out on an entire period and probably the whole remaining day, if I just continued hiding out in here.
But, to be completely honest, it was not smelling good in here at all, and even though that might've kept the wolf from finding me, I didn't think I could ignore the "scent" for much longer.
Finally, I decided to check if the coast was clear.
I slowly opened the door, just enough so I could stick my head out, and scanned the hallway, listening for any suspicious sounds, which was incredibly hard to tell in this school because literally every thing sounded suspicious.
After about a minute, I took a deep breath and decided to just go for it.
After all, nobody could prove that I was anything but human.
I threw my book bag onto my shoulders and stepped outside.
Not looking left or right I headed straight to the next exit.
I just wanted to get out of this building as fast as possible.
I had almost reached the main door when a young brunette boy, who couldn't have been taller than 5'5, blocked the door.
I froze and knit my eyebrows. I was pretty sure he was a junior.
What on earth was he doing.
I was about to take another step forward when I heard a loud sound.
It came from a pretty tall girl behind me, who definitely had been in my history class as well.
The only way out now was the hallway next to me but I didn't even expect to come far - and I was right.
It was the tall lacrosse player from earlier in the cafeteria who was blocking my last possible exit.
I couldn't believe Mason's friend was in on all this. I couldn't believe there was no teacher around. And I could not believe that in midst all of this I noticed that the lacrosse gear the tall dude was wearing, was not even from Beacon Hills High! What was he doing here?
"It's Laura, right?", I heard a familiar voice say behind me.
I spun around to see that the wolf had appeared next to the model chick.
For a good ten seconds I weighed my chances and lastly decided to play it dumb.
I was sure he had never come across someone like me so maybe he wouldn't recognize any animalistic scent on me.
"Yes, that's right", I answered innocently. "Is this your way of welcoming all new students at this school?"
The short boy at the front door snorted. I thought of just pushing him aside and running for it but something told me not to push my luck.
"Look, I promise we don't want to hurt you.", the wolf said.
"There is a lot of bad stuff happening in Beacon Hills recently. Believe it or not, we just want to keep you save!"
I glanced at the giant next to me and back at the wolf.
"Well, that guy isn't making me feel all too save."
The wolf laughed and stepped up to me.
My first urge was to run away but I realized that would've made me look very suspicious, so I just stiffened and stared at him as he offered me his hand.
After a felt eternity, I shook his hand one time and quickly let go.
"I'm Scott.", he said.
Huh. I thought to myself. No clue, why I thought his name was Thomas.
Wolf-Scott pointed at the short boy.
"That's Liam. And those are Brett and Malia."
The giant and the model both nodded at me.
"We're all were-wolfs a except Malia, she's a were-coyote."
I couldn't hide my interest and I realized - to late - that I should've acted at least a little bit surprised.
But, by now I was sure they weren't going to kill me just yet, or they would've already done it.
"We just want to talk.", Malia said.
I looked around and to be honest - it didn't look like I had much of a choice.
"Fine", I sighed.