Beacon Hills High

"Please don't say it", I mumbled. "I beg you, please just carry on without mentioning it"
Mr Yukimura got up from his chair, and cleared his throat: "As you may or may have not noticed, we have a new student."
Of course he had to say it.
"Maybe you want to introduce yourself.", he said.
Everybody turned to me. Great.
I licked my lips and smiled forcefully.
"Sure, um. I'm Laura. Hi." I awkwardly waved  and lowered my gaze again.
I heard quiet giggles but they didn't sound particularly mean so I looked up again cleared my throat and concentrated on the lessons, trying not to think about things like: Was I gonna sit alone at lunch and what the hell was my locker combo again?
God, who knew high school would be this complicated?
Now, I wasn't a junior, technically I was in the senior class.
What my teachers didn't know is that I might as well could be a junior because I missed out two and a half years of high school, but it wasn't like I wanted to.
I had just been... busy.
Soon my mind drifted off and so did my senses. I listened to the lunch ladies in the cafeteria preparing whatever gross food was on the menu today, I heard junior girls giggling in the bathroom retouching their makeup as if they didn't already have loads on their faces. And finally I heard something interesting: Speed, heavy breathing and shouting. I smiled a little smile. I had always loved sports but after that night I was obsessed with it.
I heard a boy's voice yell with disappointment as he apparently missed a shot and I instantly wondered if Beacon Hills, who was known for their commitment to lacrosse, also accepted girls in their team.
Suddenly an incredibly loud noise rang in my ears and I nearly fell off my chair knocking off my books and my empty notes. I shook my head and quickly picked them up and stuffed them into my bag.
I would have to get used to the school bells.