4.

The day after our fun evening together,  I finally decided to bring up the medical issue. He had off, and so did I, so I thought a quick chat about it would be appropriate. I didn't want it to become a huge argument like the other day, but I did want some sort of discussion about it. It's not like we could escape the topic all together.

I was just waking up when Sal came out of the shower. He had a little towel robe on like always, which I couldn't help but smile at when I saw him.

"Stop laughing at me," Sal laughed, climbing into bed with me. He wrapped his giant arms around me and kissed the chest hickey he had left from the night before. "Hey there, gorgeous."

"Hey, handsome."

I blushed deeply as he began sucking on my neck's soft spot again. A quiet moan escaped my parted lips as he pulled at the skin gently, his arms wrapped around my back. After a moment of pleasure, I decided I had to stop it before he could distract me again.

"Sal, I really wanna talk about this whole kidney transplant thing that's going to happen."

Sal pulled away with a small sigh, but nodded in agreement. "Okay, then. What about it?"

That was a good question that I really didn't have an answer to. Didn't he know already? I couldn't even explain it, even if I tried.

"Well, I mean.." I struggled to find the right words to ask him, but I just had no idea. "I mean.. what do you think of it?"

Sal dried his hair gently as he listened to me. "What do I think of it? I think it should be done if it has to be done. I mean, you don't really get a say in this, do you?"

I giggled to try to cheer him up. "Not really, Sal, no. Not this time."

He nodded his head as he pulled his boxers on. "I mean, look." Sal sat back down on the end of the bed as he took my hands. "I don't know what this is going to entail. I don't know if I'll be around for it, or how it's going to be afterwards, but-"

"What do you mean 'how it'll be afterwards'? What, you're going to break up with me just because I have a surgery done?"

"No, that's not what I meant, sorry. I meant like medications and more doctor appointments. I mean, this isn't something you'll be able to escape medicine free from."

I nodded in agreement as I watched his thumbs rub the backs of my hands soothingly. "I know, I know."

Sal looked up at me with a warmhearted smile. "Either way, I'm going to be there for you no matter what. Whether that means in person, over Skype, over the phone. Whatever you need, I'll be there. I need you to know that, okay? Do you believe me?"

I smiled and nodded, staring into his eyes. "I believe you," I told him, crawling into his lap. "I always have."

Sal wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek gently. The few drops of water from his damp hair fell onto my cheeks, but I didn't care. I loved spending time in his arms; I felt safe and secure in them, as if I never had to worry as long as I was in his grip.

"Sal?" I whispered, looking up at him curiously.

"Yeah, beautiful?"

"I love you."

I didn't hear an answer back from him. Instead, he just hid his face in my hair, not saying anything. After that, I didn't really need an answer. I didn't care if he said it back or not; I already knew he did just by the way he was holding me.

My body relaxed after minutes of being tense from the fear of what would become of the medical talk. We didn't really do much the rest of the day except for just lie around in bed all day and hold each other. I knew it wasn't his ideal day, but I think he just felt that that was the perfect day to have an absolute lazy day. He was still in his boxers, and I was still in my giant Bruce Springsteen tee shirt that I wore as a nightgown.

We fell asleep after a while, but were awoken by Sal's phone going off. Sal and I both groaned as he untangled himself from me to grab his phone.

"What, ferret boy?"

I could only hear mumbling from the other end of the line. Sal spoke in a sleepy voice, which I found to be sexy as hell. He kicked his legs at the end of the bed as he spoke, half listening in on what Murr had to say. I knew he wanted to be off the line and cuddling me, but I never knew if they were talking business with the show, or if Murr was just lonely again and wanted some companionship. Normally, Murr was just bored and wanted to see if Sal was free to hang out, but ever since Sal and I got together, it happened less and less. I knew Murr didn't like me for that, even though Sal told me it wasn't my fault. I still felt guilty, though.

Sal had finally hung up the phone and pushed me back down on the bed. He lied by my side as his hands wandered up my tee shirt. I shook my head and held his hand down against my stomach.

"Tell me what Murray wanted before you try to turn me on again," I half giggled with a slight smirk.

Sal just rolled his eyes and chuckled. "He was just reading this recipe on a banana smoothie. I tried to cut him off and say I was busy, but he just kept blabbing and blabbing on and on. He's annoying. He wanted to hang out, but I told him I couldn't because I was spending the day in bed with you."

I frowned slightly at his words before looking back up at him. "You could if you want to," I told him, trying not to keep him from his friend.

Sal interrupted me with a peck to the lips. I giggled in response, unsure of what to say or do. Sal shook his head and gave me another peck on the lips. His hand played at my chest, massaging my breasts calmly. I didn't give in so quickly, though. I was better than that, and he knew it.

"Try harder," I told him, biting my lip playfully as I took my top off. Sal's eyes widened slightly as he climbed up to me. By now, his body was hovering over my small figure as he stared into my brown eyes.

"I know you're easier than that," Sal whispered with a smirk, straddling me. I rolled my eyes with a huff as I tried to resist his touches to my chest. Sal leaned down and began to suck on my breasts, which he knew was one of my weaknesses.

I let out a quiet moan as he pulled away, looking up at me. He shook his head with a small chuckle as he removed my panties.

"See? You're so much easier than you think."

Fine. He knew me better than I knew myself.