Chapter 4

Later that morning I am perched on one of the stools at the breakfast bar in Michael's kitchen in a pair of his grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt, which keeps sliding down my shoulder. I let out a content sigh as I gaze at Mika's naked back. My eyes begin to memorize every little detail; every dip and crease in his lightly tanned skin. I daze off into space and muse about how his back must've been carved by angels.

I am suddenly broken from my reverie when a steaming cup of coffee and a plate of poached eggs on toast are placed in front of me. My mouth begins to salivate as I breath in the amazing smell emanating from the food.

"Ooh, breakfast. Thank you" I clap my hands together gleefully and place a swift kiss to his cheek, before tucking into my breakfast with great Gusto. When the taste hits my taste buds my eyes close in contentment and I groan happily as I continue to chew. "This is so good. I feel bad for only giving you cereal when you stayed at mine" I hurriedly speak in-between bites. A small smile stretches across Mika's lips whilst he eats his own food.

"It's nothing" He mumbles, taking a sip of his black coffee. "It's the least I ca-" He halts midsentence when the click of the front door opening echoes through his apartment.

What is it?" I ask as he drops his cutlery and hurriedly stands, brushing his hands on his blue plaid pyjama bottoms. He places a finger to my lips in a bid to silence me when footsteps and voices begin to near the kitchen.

"I completely forgot that my family is coming over today, sorry" Just as Michael whispers this three people enter the kitchen. An older, plump woman (I'm guessing that she is his mother) with long, dark brown curly hair immediately takes Michael into her arms.

"Mica, I have missed you so much" She announces happily, smiling widely and squeezing him tightly.

"Mama, I missed you too" Michael responds, hugging his mother with a big, goofy smile painted on his face. He glances behind his mother and spots the two other people. A woman that looks to be in her mid-thirties and looks quite similar to Michael, with a man about the same age with blonde hair and sharp features. "Yasmine! I haven't seen you in ages" Mika exclaims, releasing his mother only to take the woman, whom I can guess is his sister, into his arms.

"This is Claus. My fiancée" Yasmine speaks once she is released from Michael's tight hug. She gestures towards the man that is stood next to her in a fitted blue suit. He nods his head at Mika and holds his hand out for him to shake it. Michael takes his hand and shakes it with civility.

"When did you sweep my sister off of her feet then?" He questions, scrutinising Claus with his chocolate brown eyes. Yasmine goes to speak but is cut off by me abruptly sneezing. My cheeks redden as all of their gazes fall on me, wiping my nose with the sleeve of Michael's shirt.

"Who is this then, brother?" Yasmine asks, pulling her long, brown hair out of her face. I drop my head and stare at the white tile flooring of the kitchen, wishing to melt into it and dissappear.

"Oh. This is my beautiful girlfriend, Charlotte" Michael speaks, proudly as he walks towards me and places his arm around my waist. I shyly glance up at him and smile timidly, waving at his family members. His mother's face lights up and she grins widely whilst she stares at us. I brush my hair behind my ear and attempt to calm my burning cheeks.

"Hello, nice to meet you" I greet them, and I'm met with nods and responses of "nice to meet you too".

..............................
"So what do you do for work, Charlotte?" Yasmine asks. We're all currently sat in Michael's living room, sipping various hot beverages.

"Um, I work in the translating office of a publishers. I translate manuscripts of books so that they can be published in other countries" I reply, placing my empty cup on the coffee table before sinking back into the comfort that is Michael's sofa.

"Really? What languages do you speak?" Mika's mother is quick to ask, leaning forward slightly in anticipation. I lean into Michael's arm before taking a deep breath and speaking.

"I'm fluent in English, French, German, Swedish and Portuguese. And I'm currently learning Korean" I respond quietly, earning a gasp from Mika (and probably everyone else in the room). Glancing up at Michael, I find that he is smiling down at me and I timidly smile back.

"That's amazing" He breathes, placing a swift kiss to the top of my head. My cheeks burn brightly and I attempt to hide in his arm by burying my face there. Several laughs echo around the room.

"You two are adorable" Yasmine speaks, laughing quietly still. This causes me to blush evermore, so I remain hidden in Michael's arm.

"It just means that I can insult Michael in various languages and he won't have a clue what I'm saying" I laugh, removing myself from behind his arm. Charlotte chuckles quietly when Michael glares at me in a joking manner. "Jag älskar dig, din dumbom" I smile up at Michael as he gazes at me in confusion.

"What the hell does that mean? And what language was that?" He asks, nervously. I chuckle once more before responding.

"Cela signifie que 'Je t'aime, imbécile'" I grin at Mika, when I finish speaking. His cheeks become lightly flushed as he smiles down at me.

"Je t'aime aussi" He speaks, placing a gentle kiss upon my forehead.