ten ~ rose

"That never happened," Poe says. Yeah right. We all know I will remind you of this anytime I get a chance. I'll say otherwise. 

"Agreed" I type, smirking. 

"Want to go to breakfast? There's a rental car place around the corner. I, obviously, can't drive. I know a diner that's not far from here. It has the best pancakes in the world," He says. I smile. I love pancakes. 

"Sure, but I'll hold you to that," I type.

I pull into the parking lot of the pancake place. I would say I'm a pretty calm driver compared to other people. Poe seems surprised by that. We're meeting Danni and Caspian there so I still have to pretend to be his girlfriend which, surprisingly, I don't really mind doing. I park the car and lead Poe into the restaurant. 

Apparently, Danni and Caspian already booked our table. They wave us to our table. When we sit down, Poe puts his arm over my shoulders. I hold his hand. Is this believable? I don't know. We say hello and stuff then order what we want to drink. I get hot chocolate because apparently I'm still a six year old. I'm sorry that I don't like coffee. Poe orders a coke. He's literally the only person I know who drinks coke with pancakes. 

Danni talks a lot. She's mainly talking to Poe though because that makes sense. Caspian is just here, He's saying nothing. I tried to say something to him but all he did was smile. 

I was like, "Whats up?" and he just smiled awkwardly. He can speak, can't he? I'm confused. I just focus on reading the menu.

We eat our pancakes and Poe and I head back to the hotel. I flop on the couch and start reading a book. 

"That was fun," Poe says. I can tell he's being sarcastic. I rest the book I'm reading on my stomach. 

"The pancakes were great," I type. Poe smiles a little. 

"I told you so," He says. I smile too. I sit up and place my book on the table as Poe sits next to me. I turn to face him and something suddenly comes to mind. 

"Poe?" I type. He turns to face me. 

"Yeah?" He responds. I take a deep breath. 

"Do you like me? When I told you I liked you you didn't respond. Do you like me back?" I type.

"I-I don't know" He responds. I feel my heart sink. I get up from the couch. 

"Well, let me know when you know," I type. I open the door. 

"Where are you going?" He asks. 

"For a walk," I type in response "I'll be back soon." With that I run outside not bothering to close the door behind me.

Fifteen minutes into my walk and it starts raining, like, pouring rain. I also accidentally cut my arm on the corner of a building. Great, just great. Now I need to walk all the way back in the pouring rain.

A car that I don't recognize stops right next to me. In case you didn't know, there is no sidewalk. Not very safe. The person in the car rolls down the window. It's Caspian! 

"Need a ride?" he asks. I nod. He opens the passenger seat door. I run into the car and tell him where the hotel is. He's actually really talkative. He's been asking me random questions like: "What's your favorite Starbucks drink?" and stuff like that. It's interesting. I wonder why he was so shy when we were eating breakfast.

When I get to the hotel, I say bye to Caspian and run to the room. I search my pockets for the key when I realize I don't even have a key. Shoot. I knock on the door. 

"Poe, it's me," I type. It's hard to yell when you can't change the volume of your voice. 

"Rose?!" He exclaims. He seems happy to see me. What is this alternate universe?