Chapter 8

The song for this chapter is pity party by melanie martinez, even though it kinda has nothing to do with this chapter i feel as the song title basically refers to this chapter and its also my fab song and is from my fav album atm
•••••
I stood in my bathroom, putting my earrings on. I got them for my birthday and they were beautiful. I smiled at my appearance in the mirror. My hair was curled and my makeup was flawless, thanks to Mia. I examined my outfit, which was a dark blue dress that had sheer sleeves. I sighed. Mia and jack and my family were throwing me a party before i go to my new home, the hospital for chemo. It felt a bit like a pity party but i didnt let it get to me and i tried to be happy. I was for now. I walked out of the bathroom and i greeted a few friends from work and some back from high school. I smiled and walked over to jack and mia, who were talking with johnson. From what i saw, mia seemed to be growing fond of johnson, they would make a cute couple. I wrapped my arms around jacks neck and he smirked at me.
"Hey baby." He said before he pecked me on the lips. My smiled and pulled away from his grasp and grabbed a drink. Music played but it wasnt super loud, it was quiet enough to be able to hear someone if they were talking. All of a sudden, mia stood up on the coffee table and clinked her nail loud enough against her glass that the people at the party could hear. Someone turned down the radio.
" we are joined here in the basically going away party for ana, as she leaves tomorrow to the hospital to get chemo. Youve been my best friend for the longest time and everyone here absolutely loves you. So, we all hope the chemo helps and even when you are bald, we will all love you." She said and hopped down of the table after. I smiled at her.
"Thank you so much." I said.

"oh its no problem but i do have a present for you." She said as she pulled me to the bathroom.
"Close ur eyes." She instructed as i did so. I felt her pull my hair up and place something on my head.

"Open." she said and i did. There is stood in front of the mirror, bald. There was a bald cap on my head. I felt a few tears roll down my face. It was so hard to think that in just a few weeks i would look like this. I turned around and looked at her.
"Thank you so much, mia." I said while i hugged her. I felt her smile against my shoulder.
"Its no problem honestly, now cmon lets go finish partying." She said as she dragged me out of the bathroom and back to the party. I couldnt stop smiling the whole night as i spent time with my friends...but one thing kept coming up in my mind, would jack stay with me the whole time?
•••••••
Will he? Ik this is a super short chapter but i will try to make the next chapter longer, plus look out for the double update today 😊

Love,
- reese <3