Memories and Visitors

Chapter 4

That did not sound like a spell to me, more like a curse. I guess who ever put the spell on my memories and eyes would know something about my past and how to get my memories back. The only reason I can think of to put that spell on any one would be to hide or protect some sort of information that had that could get them into trouble, deadly trouble. 

"Exactly." Katherine, Anissa, and Retta all said together. 

"Exactly what? What does the spell mean? Was there any more information about the spell? Did you see who cast it?" Rick said as he paced in front of the fireplace. 

"Let me think for a few minutes and then we can tell you everything we know." Anissa said as she moved away from her husband's hands and the hard looks of her children. She stood by the window Rick had looked out of when he called his family only a few hours ago. 

Focusing on where everyone's mind was; my past. Past? I wonder if Rick could get a reading from the things that were saved from the wreckage from the car crash. Although, if someone went to all the trouble to fake a car accident to give my amnesia creditability, than was anything there worth looking into? I wondered if anything they found at the 'scene' was actually ever really mine. It was worth a shot anyway to have Rick look into it and see if there was anything to actually see. Or maybe we could go to the 'scene' to see what was there from my past. 

"Isa, that is a wonderful idea dear. You really are smart. Your mother always said your brains would get you into trouble but maybe they can keep you safe as well." Anissa chuckled a little to herself from behind Retta. "Do you still have any of that stuff? Or do we need to go to the 'scene'? At least there it may lead us in the physical direction." 

"Can I ask you something? Why are you all so set on helping me with my memory? So set on helping me at all? Most people would not want to help a total stranger." 

George was the one who spoke up. "Your parents were close friends of ours before and after you were born, we want to do this for them and for you. If they are alive than we want to find them, if not we want to punish the one's responsible for their untimely death. Plus we loved your siblings like family, your niece and nephews, we all view you as family now as well. For our kind family is first in all things, this is no exception." 

How could anyone argue with those heart felt words or the bright green eyes shining with protectiveness; I could not so I did not even try, I just nodded my head. I left the room heading toward the spare bedroom where I kept everything from the accident minus the necklace and bracelet set that I kept in the night stand in my bedroom. I decided to pick them up on my way back to the living room. I had always assumed they were family heirlooms so I kept them close to me, but they could have easily been something that I bought a long time ago or a present from my parents or one of my siblings. I hoped Rick would look at the items or at least consent to looking at the scene for me. Although with the attitude that he has been throwing at me, he may not do if for me but he might for his mother. 

"Isa, what is your idea? Mother will not talk to me," Rick said from behind me, making me stop outside the door to the spare bedroom. 

"Oh, well I was thinking that if you wouldn't mind too much, if you would have a look at some of the things from the accident and maybe use some of your magic on it to look past the obvious or maybe look at the 'scene' and see if there was anything from my past to help. If not I wanted your mother to look at some of the things to see if she recognized anything. I may have something of my mother's that she might know. It may give us a lead to go on. But I was not going to pressure you or anything, just ask; although I can not say the same about your mother." I chuckled uncomfortably. The man made me uncomfortable like no other had done before. As we stood in the hallway, I wondered if he had any of the thoughts that had been plaguing my mind, the wonders of how we would be in between the sheets, how his mouth tasted, what he looked like when he was not in a suit, what he looked like under that suit. They were silly thoughts and I knew it but I could not stop my mind from forming the images or the questions to accompany them. Shaking my head at my minds own wonderings, I turned and headed into the spare bedroom.