Interrogations and Fantasies

Chapter 2: Interrogations and Fantasies

"So what are your questions?" I asked him again after several minutes of silence.  

"I am just going to fire off questions in quick secession and I want you to answer them and give a brief explanation if you feel you need to. Okay?" 

"Yeah, let's go." Why do people feel they need to explain things to me like a child? Ugh! He is still just sitting there staring off into space, his hand absently stirring the cup of tea I had made during the silence. That is really getting annoying. 

"Where have you been?" 

"I have been here. I grew up here. Why?" 

"No questions until I am done with my questions," fine be that way. "Do I remind you of anyone?" 

"No are you suppose to? Are you famous or something? Oops, I'm sorry." Not! 

"I said no questions. No I am not famous or something. What do you remember of your childhood, growing up?" 

"Not a whole lot. I get flashes of faces sometimes, and of some places. But mostly it's just feelings of happiness when I try to think back." 

"Do you believe in past lives?" 

"I think that if you believe in reincarnations than that is the path in which you will follow. If you believe, you will go to a place called Heaven with Jesus and all of your loved ones than that is where you will go. I think the afterlife is just that after this life and it all depends on your viewpoint or belief system in this life what will happen when it is over." 

"Do you believe in the supernatural? Like magic, vampires, and the ilk?" 

"I guess I could. I don't hold that I know everything about the world around us but with everything I have seen, things outside of what we call normal could really be out there. I have never seen it or experienced any sightings of vampires or their ilk but what is to say that others haven't." 

"That answers my next question of whether you had experienced anything that you would call unexplainable. Okay. Next question," 

"I never said that. Yes, I have had a several things that I would classify as unexplainable. It's hard to explain, not what happened because it wasn't anything external, it was a feeling or like a vision of what would happen without actually seeing them." 

"Could you explain?" 

"Well, this one time, it was a normal day except that I had the creeps, like someone was watching me, except that it lasted for hours. After I had gotten to work it just got worse, my skin was crawling all morning. I ended up having to leave work early because I could not get anything done, and nothing I did would stop it. I found out the next day that the woman that had parked next to me that morning had been found beaten, raped and killed in the parking lot after everyone left for the day.  

"Then this one time that I just knew what was going to happen before it even happened. I was at a bank one bright sunny Saturday and the guy behind me kept swaying or something. I knew, just knew he was going to rob the bank and would end up shooting the cashier in front of me. So instead of just leaving before things escaladed I turned to the guy when I was done at the counter, gave him a hundred dollar bill and asked him to join me for coffee. The same guy now works for Officer Dave just not in the offices. This was after the woman was found in the garage. So yeah, things that I cannot explain have happened to me, often actually." 

"That explains a lot, thank you. I know it isn't easy to recall painful memories, and the woman's death is a painful memory to all who worked in the office at the time. I will look in on the matter more. Did they ever find the person who killed her?"