Chapter 1

Zara p.o.v

"I HATE YOU!"

I made sure to slam the oak wood door to the point of splintering in my dramatic exit. They deserved it anyway.

Stupid parents always thinking they know best.

Looks like i'll be spending another night on the streets.

Maybe i should have bought a coat?

How many times have i now stayed on the streets and EVERY time forgotton a god damn coat!

The first night i ended up sleeping on the streets i stayed by the door of Barclays all night. I got many other homeless people asking me how a 15 year old found herself sleeping on the streets. I would explain to them my story....

My name is Zara and my dad is an abusive alcoholic while my mum is a substance abuser and gambler. My nan died of cancer when i was 7 and my parents never let me go to school so i was forced to take me feeble education into my own hands and take online courses. Also my 'parents' never let me have any friends so i am a complete social outcast.

---------------------------------------

When i arrived at my usual spot the locals crowded round to see what had happened this time.

"Just the usual" i told them.

They all sat down and started telling me their stories and encounters with the local gang. The Fiorellis.

Lead by the dangerous and mysterious Simba Fiorelli. Everyone knows and cowers beneath him. From what i have heard from my fellow outcasts is that they are all gorgeous. Especially Simba. He is rumoured to be breath taking.

Thankfully i myself have never been unfortunate enough to meet him and his gang prowling the streets late after dusk.

"Zara?"

Jake called me, snapping me out of my day dream.

I tottered over being my wary self around him.

Last year when i had thrown another tantrum and fled the warmth of my house Jake was trying to comfort me when his hand 'accidently' slipped and made its way down the inside of my top. I was mortified.

"Can you go and get the extra bedding for yourself? It's about five minutes up the road hidden behind kfc? You know i would go but i need to find some food. We haven't eaten in three days."

"It's okay Jake don't worry. Bye guys see you in a couple of minutes"

"Bye Zara!! Don't let the Fiorellis catch you on their land!"

I sniggered and made my way down the gloomy road.