Chapter 1

Bang! 

Oh my God, what was that? Was it a gunshot? Or it might have been a robber? Suddenly I hear a clicking noise, like something's being cut...oh hell no! 

Nick is cooking.

The moment I let that thought settle in I am already out of bed and running towards the kitchen. "What happened, are you alright? Please tell me you're not hurt!" I exclaim my eyes scanning around for any signs of danger.

"M I'm just cooking calm down, I haven't set the house on fire yet" He says with a wink. When he sees that I'm glaring at him he puts his hands up in surrender and backs off. "Okay, I'm sorry I know not to cook but I woke up early and had nothing to do" he tries to explain himself and suddenly there is a smirk on his face "Besides, you know you love my cooking" 

I roll my eyes "Nick, the only time I tried your cooking I got food poisoning"

"Well, how was I supposed to know that potatoes have to be boiled?" He says looking at me like I'm dumb. "And stop bringing that up, it happened 3 years ago"he continues rolling his eyes.

"I am not even going to argue with you, now move so I can make breakfast."

Just when we've eaten some pancakes, aunt Bella came in the kitchen. "Kids, you have 20 minutes to get ready for school so I suggest you hurry up so you and I are not late" She's once again worn a pink blouse and black trousers, paired with black pumps and a pink bag. 

"Okay, let me just wash the dishes" I say already standing up ready to take the plates.

"No honey, don't worry Marta will clean them" She says smiling  

"Marta?" Me and Nick say in unison 

"Yes Marta, she is the house keeper, maid or whatever you want to call her. She takes care of the house when I'm away." So she must be going away frequently to have someone look after the house.

"Okay we'll be down in 20 minutes" Says Nick hurrying up the stairs.

Once I'm in my bedroom I go and do my morning routine. I don't take a morning shower, I personally find it stupid. You go home, get in bed with all the dirt on your body, get your bed dirty, wake up take a shower and in the night you go once again to your dirty bed and sleep. It just doesn't make sense, so instead I take a shower in the night so the next time I go in my bed I know I'm not sleeping in dirt.

When I've finished I go to my unopened suitcases and pick out black jeans, yellow top and my favorite leather jacket. Then I put on a golden necklace and my black converses. I don't put a lot of make up on, only mascara some eyeliner and my lip balm. I let my naturally straight brown hair down and check the time, good I have 5 more minutes to spare so I decide to just go downstairs and wait for Nick and aunt Bella.

Once we've settled in the car I take my time studying Nick's features. His brown hair and blue eyes definitely catch a woman's eye. He's pretty built too which I guess is an advantage because most people fear him, however once you get to know him he is a sweetheart. I never understood why I'm not attracted to him, I mean he has all the looks girls fall for. It might be the fact that I've always thought of him as a brother and that's how I want it to stay. 

The car parks at a fairly big school called 'GreenWood High' next to which I can see about 10 benches occupied with numerous amount of students singing, acting, and some just simply talking. 

"Okay kids, this is the school you're going to be attending, make sure you remember that the bus will be in front of the house every morning at 7:15." She says looking at us with a sad smile "I will be gone for 3 to 4 weeks at the most"

"Okay aunt Bella I will miss you" replies Nick with mock sadness.

"Oh don't try and be emotional, now get out of my car and go to school."

"Bye!" we both say in unison.

"Bye kiddos, see you in a month!" she replies while waving her hand. 

We walk through the main doors aware of people staring but we ignore it. Once we've reached the reception we hear "Names" behind the desk sits a middle aged woman that looks like she would be anywhere but here right now. 

"Nick Conner and Maya Carter" replies Nick

"Here are your schedules, there is no one available to help you but you should be fine" she fake smiles. We take the papers and start heading for our first lesson, but we soon realize that we have different maths classes. 

"See you in lunch M" he says concern laced in his voice.

"Yeah, Nick don't worry I'm going to be fine" I smile with what I believe to be a reassuring smile. 

"Okay, if you say so." he turns around giving me a small wave and getting lost in the crowd. 

Soon I find my classroom just when everyone heads inside, I go and sit at the back next to the window just before I hear a deep voice say "That's my seat" I look up and stare at brown almost black eyes. 

"Well, last time I checked there was no name on it so how do I believe that is yours?" I say raising my eyebrows.

"I guess you can't." he says simply taking the seat next to me. I just look at him like 'seriously dude?' He just gives me a blank look and starts getting his things out. Okay, judging by the looks everyone gives us I can figure that he is someone important. Eh, I couldn't care less even if he was the presidents son.

The teacher scans the room, her eyes landing on mine she makes a motion with her hand for me to stand up. "Okay class, it looks like we have a new student. What is your name miss?" she says her face showing no emotion at all. 

"Maya Carter" I reply with the most confident tone I can master. 

"Okay class lets say Hello to Maya." she states and everyone follows "Hello Maya" and I hear some wolf whistles which make me chuckle. 

Once I've sat down I hear the guy next to me mutter "Maya" like he was testing the name on his lips. 

**********************************

A/n Okay guys please tell me what you think, I don't mind negative feedback. Everything is welcome. 

xox,

Maximamac