The beginning of trouble

*Duncans POV*
Kim fell asleep hours ago, but I couldn't sleep. After Lalnable's fiery attack on the base, she hadn't quite been the same, and the Flux wasn't helping, it had basically covered her arms and half her face!

I keep working with the various Botania flowers, thinking of what could be a cure. There was only one man I know that could help her whilst we kept Lalnable and Specimen 5 at bay. But.... The Mage hadn't been seen in a very long time. I suspect he may be dead, but if he isn't, I have one chance to get him to help.

I adjust my wings that Kim got me, yawning as I adjust my goggles. Well, him not being seen was a lie, as he was with the rest of us during Cornerstone, but as our alliance of people ended, he left.

Collecting all my flowers I had made, I fly out to a large pit, with a smeltery inside. I plant the flowers around the Smeltery, and place a Sombrero down as well for good measure. I slide my goggles up my face so they sat on my head, as I fly back to base, falling asleep as soon as I hit the hammock, hoping he'd fall for the bait.

*Rythians POV*
I walk through the landscape, checking my map. Lalna's and Nano's base was probably nearby, but they didn't worry me too much. I fiddle with the rag that was tightly tied around my face, as I heard a wolf howl in the distance.

From behind a tree, I see two figures step out, one with a lab coat and goggles, the other smaller and partly purple.
"...Lalna? Nano?" I call out, surprised.
A chuckle erupted from the smaller one, a girl.

"Hello old buddy old friend, remember me?" 'Lalna' says, but I don't trust him. Knowing I'm outnumbered, I point behind them.
"Why is there a countdown timer- GET OUT OF THE WOODS! GET OUT OF THE WOODS!" I yell, pointing behind them.

As they both turn to see what the fuck I was screaming about, I run towards Lalna's base. He has some damn good questions to answer.