oc spies; shion + jack - 363

The word 'official' had lost its meaning to Shion Omori.

Every day felt the same -- official business, official uniform, official office, executive official -- he was surrounded by that repetitive word just added to the beginning of things to make them seem orderly. In reality, it just made them more monotonous.

Being the relative of the previous head of a spy agency meant a lot. Especially when aforementioned head was nearing his passing, and had no direct heir to take over for him. Shion, being his nephew, would eventually have to step up to the plate.

And so, he'd entered his 'training'. It wasn't the same as the training actual spies went through -- Shion wasn't really a spy at all. His mother and father had lived a peaceful life away from the busy atmosphere of the rest of the Omori family. Of course, Shion had been close to his uncle, and watched him diligently, but -- that didn't make him any closer to being a field agent. He wasn't one, and would never be one.

While the stress from having to handle multiple affairs was a lot, it didn't just end at signing papers and reviewing logs. There was protest coming from all sides of Naicho -- the place he was taking over. How could he do such a thing? He's not even in his twenties! The groans and complaints wore on Shion, he was doing the best he could do. It wasn't like he was planning on getting involved in this.

There was only one person in Shion's life who wasn't constantly judging or sneering at him; Jack Daniel.

Jack was Shion's best friend, or, what could be considered his only friend. They'd been as close as they could be since Shion was just twelve -- Jack one year his senior.

Shion could only think fondly of his friend, Jack was truly someone he could trust endlessly.

❧ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In his rush to his new office, Shion spilled a cup of coffee on his pants. He couldn't contain himself, and ended up shouting -- "Shit!" -- He didn't want this. It could be used used against him. Look at the guy who spilled coffee on his brand new suit. Ugh. This day was going to suck.

The