|| l. tomlinson |***|

A Louis Tomlinson One Shot

||*| ||*|| |*||

HAPPILY

artist: One Direction

album: Midnight Memories

track number: eight

||*| ||*|| |*||

you don't understand, you don't understand/ what you do to me when you hold his hand

"Please explain to me Louis; I really don't understand." Alice spoke in frustration. She didn't understand why Louis was this angry over something as small as holding her date's hand. They were on a date. He reached out for her hand, and she didn't pull away. What was so wrong about that?

"Nothing," he simply replied in an annoyed tone.

She should be the annoyed one, not him. He did just burst in on her date.

"No Louis, you don't get to be annoyed. Tell me, please," she spoke in a whisper so that only Louis could hear her.

we were meant to be but a twist of fate/ made it so you had to walk away

"Well," he began to say, but ultimately paused. For a long time. But she waited patiently for an answer anyway. "It's nothing." He said in a voice that sounded like he was trying to be convincing, but it wasn't really.

Alice had known him long enough to know when he was being truthful and when he wasn't. He was at their house at least half of the week to see her twin brother. She would admit that she and Louis were good friends, but they were nowhere near as close as he and her brother, Peter, were. He was Peter's best mate, and she was just a close second, to both boys.

"Louis William Tomlinson, you are lying to me, but you know what, I don't have the time to be here arguing with you about this; I've got a date to get back to now." she said and walked away without giving him the chance to respond.

"But," he said as he watched her leave.

cause we're on fire, we are on fire/ we're on fire now

"Wait," he continued, but he knew it was too late. She was gone.

He wasn't sure if he wanted to follow her. He knew that he had upset Alice for even interrupting them the first time, but what could he do besides watch them.

It hurt to see the girl he loved with another guy, and it wasn't supposed to be that way. They both knew that, at least he thought so. He knew that.

yeah we're on fire, we are on fire/ we're on fire now

She felt the same way though. She didn't know that Louis felt that way. How could she? Guys are weird, and Louis, in particular, was the weirdest. So much so, that he went out on dates all the time and he brought his dates over like it was a normal thing to do. He expected them to be okay with it.

As a friend, Alice was nice to these girls. She didn't do anything to jeopardize their relationship. She respected the fact that Louis wasn't interested in her.

She really couldn't understand why Louis was being this way.

i don't care what people say when we're together