Chapter 3: Grief Hits You Between the Eyes

Sinead Starling ran to her boyfriend Jonah Wizard. Such an odd couple, the famous rapper and the female Einstein.

"World,this is my hommie Sinead Starling!" Jonah boomed to the fans attending the concert in Kiev, Ukraine. Talk about famous. The crowd erupted in cheers.

"She is also very smart. She is nicknamed Alberta Einstein in her family. I call her Twinkle little star." The crowd erupted in laughter getting the joke.

"Wanna know a secret my Ukrainian hommies?" Jonah whispered into the mic. More cheers.

"She's my hommie." Jonah pecked Sinead on the cheek. Sinead felt her face become the same color as her hair. What are you doing Jonah? Sinead thought.

"Your girlfriend!" Some of the audience screamed. Sinead kept blushing.

"Sinead is a beautiful gal, what can I say. I'm in love with her." Whistles came through the air as a slow beat came on. Jonah pivoted on his feet then on his knees.

"Girl, I love you." He sang, not rapped.

"Something about you makes me feel so alive." Jonah sang. Screams of love came from the watchers.

"All I wanna do is ask you one thing!" Jonah sang holding the note on thing.

"Wear this." Jonah enclosed something in her hand. Sinead looked at it, then at him.

"Are you serious?" Sinead asked looking at the one karat diamond ring in her hand.

"I love, girl. I wish you'd be mine forever. So girl what do you say," Jonah said standing his forehead against hers.

"Will you marry me?" Jonah asked taking the mic away so no one could hear him.

"Of course." Sinead said. Jonah grabbed her face and kissed her. Jonah picked her up and spun her around in a circle, knocking over a mic stand.

"Now forever." Jonah said into the mic.

"You'll own my heart. Girl, you got me, can't wait to see you in white. Thank you for excepting my proposal of marriage by the way." Sinead hugged Jonah as the crowd screamed.

"I love you." She told him.

"I love you to, Sinead."

Sinead sat down writing out a thesis paper declaring how Einstein'a theory of relativity was in fact false. Jonah sat down next to her and tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Hey." Sinead said as she crossed her Ts and dotted her Is.

"There is a call from Attlebrough, they say its an energency." Jonah took her hand to lead her to their own comm. center.

"Hello, anyone there?" A unfamiliar girl said. She wore a formal dress, her hair down exposing loose chocolate curls.

"Who are you?" Jonah asked. Sinead felt her hand trembling inside if his.

"I'm Madrigcal agent Callie Howe."

Callie said sitting in a chair.

"Where is Dan and Amy? Or Nellie?" Sinead asked. She could hear a baby crying in the background. Callie bent down and picked up something. A crying baby.

"Is that Amy's kid Cynthia?" Jonah asked. Callie nodded. Callie muttered something like, poor poor girl.

"Where is everyone else?" Sinead demanded.

"Grieving." Callie said fiddling with her hair. Grieving? Who was dead?

"Why? Why are my fellow Cahills sad over a passing?" Jonah asked.

"I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news." Callie sobbed now.

"Who are you? What is going on?" Sinead demanded.

"I'm Callie, Dan's girlfriend. The answer to question number two is that." Callie took a deep breath before continuing.

"Amy was murdered." Sinead was unaware she wasn't standing anymore but fallen into a seat.

"No, she's not" Jonah objected. Callie wiped under her eyes.

"Right as Dan and I left for prom the got chased or something. Amy was shot in the process." Callie sniffed.

Sinead put her head between her knees and sobbed fiercely. Her sister, her maid of honor. Dead?

This can't be happening to me! Sinead thought screaming in her mind. This is just a dream! Carrie Underwood's song lyrics quoted in her mind.

"Callie, how are the others?" Jonah asked.

"Nellie is a wreck. Jake is better than you'd think. Dan just found out so he is crying it all out." Callie said looking towards the door. Sinead looked up waiting to see Amy alright it was just a close call! Amy never entered the room.

"Jonah," Sinead cried softly. Jonah came over and hugged his bawling fiancé.

"Thank you Callie. Is there anything I can do?" Jonah asked his voice strained.

"I am just contacting close Cahill relatives of Amy. If you could do like an email or something to the other Cahills." Callow offered.

"I'll do that and call Hamilton and my cuz Phoenix." Jonah offered. Sinead heard Jonah's heartbeat as she cried out her tears.

"Thank you, Jonah. I will contact you when we have information on the memorial and funeral." Click! Sinead looked at the black screen.

"This is just a dream." Sinead begged.

Jonah kissed her,his own tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry love."

Jonah led Sinead up to the bedroom where a butler waited for them.

"You should rest." Jonah told Sinead. Jonah found it amusing that Sinead refused.

"Rest, go mourn your friend." Jonah kissed her on her forehead. Sinead nodded and walked to her room.

"Jonah I love you!" Fans screamed at him.

Jonah waves out the window and, that was a mistake.

"Jonah! A few questions about your fiancé!" Reporters screamed.

"Why her? She is so unlike your other girlfriends!"

"No comment."

"Is Sinead and you related?"

"A gazillion times removed."

"Does she want a family?"

"She does, she loves kids."

"Are you aware of the murder of Amy Cahill?"

"Why do you ask?" Jonah asked wondering why he brought that up.

"There are rumors you are related to her!" The man said.

"Like Sinead, a gazillion times removed. Now go. I need to grieve." Jonah shut the window and heard the crowd begging for questions. I won't answer. Just go away. Jonah thought begging to God he could grieve in peace.

Before having to tell Hamilton and Phoenix.