Chapter Two

"What in the name of chicken wings did you do now, Steph?!" hissed the burly man at the gaping girl.

She didn't know what to make of the situation other than snort and bite her lips to stifle her uneasy laugh. "Um, I asked her out on a date?" She couldn't help it; the man used his favorite food when he was bloody serious. Chicken wings. Spicy, like the flustered man.

Robert, her manager, made a very mean look that stated like a father grounding her daughter. "What?"

"To the concert!" Tiffany explained herself. "I mean, c'mon, a cute fan like her should be blessed with a seat. So um yeah, I gave her one."

Robert scoffed. "Don't pick up chicks under my radar." He grumbled.

Two security guards came to their aid. They asked what happened; Tiffany explained diligently the problem.

"She um, fainted on my arms after I gave her a ticket to my concert."

The two looked at each other in silence. "...is that so?"

"Yes." Tiffany answered cheekily. She coughed, changing her face to a serious one and said, "If it isn't a bother to you two, can you please take her to a clinic? Or maybe a hospital near the stadium?"

"Understood."

Tiffany watched them take the unconscious Taeyeon on both their hold. Even if she found the reaction funny, she was worried for the state of the girl. She hoped Taeyeon would see the ticket and the slip of paper tucked in her jeans.

While Tiffany saw her safely boarded on a car, she focused on the grip Robert had on her dragging her to their own.

"We're running late."

Tiffany complied to his hold. She opened the window by her side waving at the fans she missed. The moment she closed the opening, Robert scolded her.

He blabbed on about her safety, his stakeout, her disappearance, his bewilderment, her (not so) funny tactics, his mad temperament fuse and neatly brought in his "holy chicken wings" he could have enjoyed for a moment if she just didn't disappear.

"I'm really, really sorry about that. I really am. I'll try to keep myself in check next time."

"You always say that."

"No promises." Tiffany shrugged. She snickered upon seeing Robert's scowling face. "But I do promise to be good tonight! So please don't be mad at me? Please?"

"Too bad being cute doesn't faze me. But I'll trust you on that."

"Aigoo, Robert oppa! It's called aegyo, aratji?"

Robert looked away from the road to mock her. "De," he answered.

Tiffany laughed at his attempt at Korean, glad to see the tension's slightly gone between them.

Fast forward to the afternoon, the young superstar was at the the concert venue doing a quick run through of her performance. She couldn't wait to show her fans the tricks she had on her sleeve, and one of them literally on it---later, that is.

It came down to the curtain call, and after all bowing had been done, her performance supervisor gave the rest of the time before the concert a break until call time for the night comes.

Tiffany stayed on the stage, sat cross-legged while roaming her eyes around the seats. She eyed the supposed seat of Taeyeon, lips turning up in an instant. Her thoughts ceased when she received a text.

Um, hello good afternoon. I was told to text you when I wake up ??? So um ANW UH THANK YOU FOR YOUR CARE! (?)

"This must be her." Tiffany's fingers tapped excitedly.