Chapter Five

Better to read this where you can
simultaneously listen to the song when
needed :) And it's l o n g
so, yeah. Here you go.

**

"...and I think I did my best, but um, they were wearing these scary ass mean faces to glare down at us students. I felt my vein popping, my feet and throat sore from all the talking I did to stand on my case."

"Wow, just... that's harsh. I'm glad I got my diploma online."

"But eventually, they had their say. I'm free to go in three weeks! How incredible is that?"

"So incredible you made me proud, haha! See, this is why I wanted you to continue, no matter what. You got a degree for the career you need with your own power."

"Heck yeah I did!" Taeyeon accompanied her yell with a fist pump. "It's all thanks to you, Fany. I dedicated half a page in my Thanks To for you."

"Y-Yah." Tiffany's cheeks pinked so much on Taeyeon's screen. "Don't do that."

"Already did. I thanked my professors for all the shit they threw at me; I also gave no flying fucks if they ever want to belittle me again, because now I'm free!!"

Tiffany would have reprimanded her girlfriend if she didn't know she wrote very touching words. Taeyeon had a big vocabulary, it's just that her most casual words were curses and slang phrases she sometimes made herself. She trusts the girl wrote it nicely. As nice as her brusque wording can be.

"Ugh, sometimes, Taeyeon..." Tiffany groaned; she wanted to rub off the mischief in the girl's eyes. "If I haven't put up with you for so long, I'd be worried sick in just about everything you do."

On Taeyeon's side, she cackled like no tomorrow she had to fix her webcam in place. She calmed down after a while, and Tiffany sighed in relief, looking away. She had been chuckling on her own too.

"Now that you mention it," Taeyeon started, looking directly at her webcam, "it's going to be that time now, isn't it?"

When she faced the screen, Tiffany smiled a bit, nodding but not looking at her. "Yeah. I can't wait to see you again. It's been too long."

"All the more reason to wait." Taeyeon agreed. "After all this graduating stuff, I'm booking the earliest flight to go to your side and am going to annoy the heck out of Robert again." Her cheap humor was nothing to Tiffany whose face went out like a light. "Right, Robert. How is the old man?"

Tiffany let out a long sigh. "He's not doing any better. I think he's taken his toll." She bit her lip, hands tight on her arms.

Taeyeon wanted to comfort her so bad, cursing about the distance between them. "Hey, it's not your fault."

"He's doing so much for me and not just as my manager." Tiffany exasperated. "Ever since I came out of the closet, all he does is guard my back and be much more mean to the public. To the antis, anyway, but you get me."

"He chose to be with you. If anything, it's his own fault for doing all the heavy guarding." Taeyeon meant well for her girl. "It's easy to know he's like a second dad to you, Fany. And I'm honestly grateful he's by your side."

Tiffany rolled her eyes, blinking back the tears. "I know. But, Taeyeon... he has a family. He has a wife and three kids to take care of. I really want to let him go but he's not budging."

"Let him go?" Taeyeon frowned. "Hrm. Maybe he hasn't found someone he trusts to protect you. I know I wouldn't give the job just to anyone."

Tiffany's lips tilted to one side. "He said that too."