Ready To Fight?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I have no idea why i'm putting this up. xD . Remember, it was written in the form of an article meant to be read by parents. Whatever! just enjoy it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've heard of the greatest wars that went down in history, yet some of the largest battles are fought not on battlefields, but in our homes. Not between warring nations, but between parents and teenagers. Along with it being the trickiest business, it can be the most catastrophic thing you'll ever experience! There's no giving up; you must learn some survival tactics!

Freedom. I can't express enough how vital it is that you grant your teen some freedom. Your teen can't be strapped onto your leash forever; once they're free, they will be as intelligent and inexperienced as a potato. There is so much common sense and so many life lessons that they will lack in significantly. Now, setting limits is a must, but lessening them when your child has proven to be trustworthy is fair.

Another point that is commonly overlooked, it is unreasonable to toss the responsibilities of an adult at your teen while preventing them from the freedom of an adult. You ask them to wash the dishes, cook, take care of their siblings and they do all this while balancing the demands of their studies. Yet, you won't allow them one free minute to catch their breath.

What parent doesn't want a healthy relationship with their child? How is it possible to achieve this without ever making time for them? It is not possible when your blackberry has replaced your family.

Yes, you're at the dinner table along with your family, but your phone is making noises louder than your conversations.The pathetic part is that you actually reach for it because you just can't resist the temptation. Most parents pay no attention to how this breeds resentment. You are indeed seated next to each other, but you've never been further apart. That evil sound of your phone being unlocked is the enemy mocking you for being so defeatable!

Be consistent. You can't just shut someone out for months then jump back into their lives expecting to be welcomed or forgiven. A flower doesn't just blossom out of nowhere; it takes time. True relationships need development, which takes time.

In the end, change should come from you, the parent. So long as you put in an effort to be there for your teen--body, and mind--victory shall be yours! Don't raise your white flag just yet!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: this will  forever be the dumbest thing I upload. xD....This was some assignment I was forced to write for school and  I figured what the hell, let me just put it on wattpad. Let me know if I missed something important or something xD. Feel free to vote and comment and stuff! Also, let me know if I should take this down xD.  Be kind to one another and stay flawless! Also, the song is just..<333

Also, THE SONG IS: teenagers by my chemical romance