Chapter Two: Getting To Know Spike

" So let me get this straight, you met your first friend who you actually spilled syrup on, who just happened to be Spike Needles? " Jane looks at me like I just told her I killed the president.

" Yea, and can you keep a secret? " I ask as I change into my sports bra and pink night shorts. " Yea, but before you tell me the secret, tell me this. How did you survive a day with Spike? " She asks. " Well she said that I'm a good person and that she would never hurt me. " I explains I walk down the steps.

Jane follows behind as I walk into the kitchen. Jane is my twin sister who I tell all my secrets to. " So what's the secret? " I pull out some leftovers from last night and heat it up in the microwave.

" Well, Spike and I kissed and I think I like girls but I don't yet. I'm kinda confused. " I sit on the stool next to the island and stare at Jane. " So let me get this straight, you spilled syrup on the worst hit in school, you didn't get killed because of her and you kissed her. Well I had gyros for lunch so my day was equally as crazy. " She smiles and pulls the pizza out of the microwave.

" Yea, I think I'm just bisexual, not lesbian though. She also scares me kinda. I mean she's crazy strong and she has alot of money. She won't tell what she does after nine o'clock but she is very mysterious. I don't know what it is about her but she makes me happy and scared at the same time. More or less scared for me than scared fit her. I kind of hope we go out now. I would love to hold her hand in the halls, you know not be afraid for people to look at me. " I smile then bite my pizza.

" Wow, you really have it bad for this girl. Isn't this the girl who you thought you liked in second grade and in sixth grade? Do you still remember that? " I look at her with big eyes .

" I know, I remember her. I didn't want to tell her I remember. I remember liking her but back then it was because she defended me and always tried to talk to me and be nice. She gave me a chance when no one else did. I loved the way she fought for me when I couldn't and the way she only showed up when I needed her. " I smiled and wash my plate.

" So, are you going to ask her to stay the night while mom and dad are gone? " I look at her with a happy face.

" No, not just yet. We don't go out and I don't want to be too straight forward. Oh and I bought purple hair dye to dye my tips one day. " I bite my lip slowly as I walk back upstairs. She follows once again. We get to our room and sit on the beds. We have day beds so I sleep on the one that pulls out.

" So, are you going to talk to her tomorrow? " I turn off the lights then lay down. " Yea, I'm going to approach her this time. " I say before shutting my eyes.

" Good night, I love you Talia. " She whispers in a soft voice. " I love you too Jane, goodnight. " I whisper before dozing off.

***

" Can we carpool today? " Jane calls as we walk outside to the cars. " Not today, I might be with Spike if I don't stay after school today. " I walk over to my car.

" Wow, this relationship thing is serious isn't it? " I look, at her with a " shut the hell up face " before I reply . " No, I just enjoy hanging out with her. " I get in my car and set by bags down. I start up the car then drive away.

As I'm driving, I see the video of Spike putting the phone in the guys legs. I put my phone down and drive the rest if the way down the street. I pull up in my school parking lot and see Spike sitting on top of the seats in her Mitsubishi with some chick. I have to admit, my face glows beet red when I see her with the girl. I slowly walk towards her and she spots me.

Today I gave on my new black joggers with my Homestuck t-shirt and my orange converse. She hops off the car and meets me halfway.

" Who's that? " I ask rolling my eyes. " Why, jealous much? " She asks rubbing my cheek. " No, I- I just. Nothing just tell me who it is. " I say looking behind her at the girl.