Chapter 1- Casey's First Day *Not Finished*

Chapter 1

                                                    Casey's First Day

    "CAAAAAAAAAASEY"! Casey could hear his mother screaming, but there was nothing he could do about it. He couldn't leave the table he was under. He was too afraid to move.It was so dark. He couldn't see anything, nor did he want to. Macabre nightmares rushed through his mind and he began to cry and shake. He saw images of cadavers, and demons in that impenetrable darkness, yet the only thing that truly scared him was what he knew really awaited him out there. An entity fiercer then any creature that went bump in the night.

    "CAAAAAAAAAAAASEY!", his mother continued to scream. He could hear loud thumps coming from the back room. He felt like such a coward. How could he leave his mom in there? She had always fended for him. Always been there for him. The screaming continued for what seemed like an eternity. To Casey it was as if he was listening to the screech of a thousand bats. A thousand angry bats who were screaming over his trespassing, but he wished the screams were really bats. Then maybe he could explain to them that trespassing was not his intention, but that he had been forced to do it.

    Finally there was one final thud, and his mother stopped screaming. Casey heard footsteps creaking across the floor of the room. He then heard more thuds, but this time it sounded more like the crashing of furniture. Casey knew what the entity was doing. It was looking for him. Casey was sure that the entity saw him. It had seen his mother grab him and drag him into this room. It had been in pursuit of them at that time, and it was most likely gunning for him. Fortunately, his mother was able to hide him before the entity got here, but she was unable to save herself. Now she was silent, and the entity was searching for him.  As the sound of furniture continued to crash like thunder; Casey started to realize that his haven wasn't as safe as he thought it was. It had turned into a feeding ground, and Casey knew that he had best get out of there, or he'd be the entity's dessert.

    Casey began to brainstorm an escape plan, but one did not come to him. He was too afraid, and too young, and too much of a coward to think of a sufficient plan. Being the coward he was; he decide to do the only thing cowards could do right. Run! Casey slowly began to crawl out of his cubby hole. He had to be careful for he knew there was a chair somewhere in the darkness, and it was waiting for him with malicious intent. If he were to move the chair even slightly; the entity would surely hear it, and even if he failed to hear it; he would most certainly smell its displacement in the air. He continued to crawl carefully; trying to evade the demonic chair. After he was sure that there was no chair in his way he stood up, and began to run, but before he could get more then three feet; he tripped on the chair that had deviously planted itself on the side of the desk.

    Casey hit the floor with a thunderous boom that could wake up all of the demons in the dark. He was delirious, but he managed to get up and run towards the desk. He was barely able to get under the desk when the entity stormed into the room to investigate the noise. He shook violently as the entity started to search all of the crevices in the room. Casey tried to think about happier times. Walking through the forest with his mother. Watching the wildlife in all its pulchritude. He imagined that the table he was under was like a luscious meadow. A sanctuary of beauty and accord. A place where the sun always shines, and the bird always frolic. Casey wished he could be there, but he knew he was only beguiling himself. He knew the birds were no longer frolicing. For this was hunting season, and these were the hunting grounds. The entity looked under the table, and peered at Casey. The hunter had come.

*Note: This is not the entire chapter, but it is what I have so far.