The Elevator

Once we get to Alison's house we rush to the elevator. Josh comes with us too. We get to her room and she opens her closet.

"Holy sh-" I begin to say as she puts her hand over my mouth.

"Now what did I tell you about swearing missy?"

"To not do it in your house because your brother might hear."

"Good job! Wait where's Josh?" She says.

"WOAH! THERE WERE LIKE A MILLION STAIRCASES! HOW'D YOU DO IT!?" Josh says.

"We took the elevator. Haven't you ever been in my house?"

"Well yes I've been in your house, but never upstairs."

"Oh well, now you know. Sit there now, we're gonna show you our outfits for tonight," Ali says, "You'll see our bikinis when we're in the water. When we get changed we'll go over to your house and help set up."

"Wait why couldn't you just change at my house?" Josh asks

"Cause we didn't buy any shoes. Therefore we needed to come here to change first." I say

"Ok well, you can have one of the guest change rooms Spence and I'll have mine. Then we'll come out and go in the shoe closet and find the perfect shoes!" She squeals.

We then both turn around and go into our change rooms. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Ali's family is really rich.

I start but putting my bikini on then my shirt and my shorts. After that, I put my socks on. Before I'm about to leave the change room I over-hear Josh and Ali talking.

"So I was wondering, do you wanna go out with me?" I hear Josh ask Ali.

"Yes! Oh my gosh Josh that's perfect!"

Okay don't cry. You're strong. Just act like you're okay.

I then walk out of the change room acting like I didn't hear anything.

"Hey um, Spence can I talk to you outside?" Josh asked.

"Um, yeah sure why not?"

We walk out of Ali's room and a bit down the hall. Then he starts talking.

"I was wondering if you uh-"

I cut him off half way through the sentence.

"Josh you know what! Just leave me alone." I storm into Ali's room grabbing my things and then walking to the elevator.

I get in and press lobby, which is actually the living room. The elevator closes the doors and after a while stops moving.

I start hitting the elevator door in stress.

"Help!! Someone help me! Alison! Josh! Are you there!?"

I start pacing around the elevator which is not that big then I hear Josh.

"Once second Spencer! Ali's going to the control room to fix the elevator! It'll take one second!"

"Ok thank you Josh!"

I then sit down in defeat of hitting the elevator door, realizing it won't open.

1 minute. 2 minutes. 3 minutes. 4 minutes. 5 minutes.... Ten minutes pass and the elevator starts moving once again. Thirty seconds later it reaches the lobby and the door opens.

I then see Ali waiting for me. Wow, she must've had to walk down the stairs. Poor her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much Ali!!" I say while hugging her.

"No problem," she says while giving me a sincere smile.

I give her an awkward goodbye wave and she waves back. I make my way through the kitchen and out the door.

Since my house is walking distance from Ali's, I don't bother asking her or Josh to drive me home.

After a few minutes, I reach my house. I storm right inside, set my bag on the floor and throw myself on the couch.

Alison knew I liked him and now she's his girlfriend.