[6]

[Alternatively Titled: In Which Arthur Becomes A Good Cook and Demonstrates His Newgound Abilities To Alfred (and Ivan)]

And the gears inuside Arthur's head were spinning, his cracked mind was thinking up terribly gruesome ideas, as if an otherworldly force had taken over.

Unconsciously, he smiled a smile that some might say reminded them of The Grinch, and cross between a wolf and a gleeful child, also known as the smile of a madman who had thought up an amazing plan

---

The doorbell rang, and a knock on the door was heard soon after.

"Art? Coming in now... Whoa, are you cooking? You can't be, something actually smells good..." Alfred said, stepping inside, hearing... music, coming from the kitchen.

Alfred walked around a little until he saw Arthur cooking over the stove, swaying his hips and humming to the radio. He was in his usual clothes, save for the pink vest he wore instead of the usual green one and an unblemished apron.

"Oh! Alfie, didn't hear you come in! Go ahead, sit down, I'm almost finished." Arthur told him, whilst moving meat around some vegetables in a frying pan.

"Alright? Is this why you called me over, to show me you suddenly aquired the skill to cook?" Alfred said, taking a seat.

"Partly, I suppose!" Arthur laughed- no, giggled. He giggled.

"Hey, are you alright? You don't seem like yourself-"

"YES. I mean I- yes. I am just tired of every single person on this terrible earth asking me that!" Arthur answered gruffly. "That's all. Soups on!" He added, in a slightly higher pitch.

"Right, okay. So you made- what exactly?"

"Filet mignon with garden fresh carrots, broccoli and potato. And with it, a nice black berry- Concord grape wine from brother Ireland."

"Wow... Awfully fancy, isn't it? Odd outfit choice you have there... Pink? I never thought I'd see you in that." Alfred gestured to Arthur.

"I'll have you know, that anyone can wear pink, it's just gender stereotypes that have messed up everything, that's all. Now eat up, this is the first thing I've cooked up that's good, as much as I hate to admit it. I don't want it to go to waste." Arthur cut into his meal.

"No need to get political here, we're just enjoying a nice dinner together- it's very good food. Not a time to be discussing the worlds problems." Alfred laughed.

"Yes, I quite agree. But since we're on the topic of the world, what about you and Russia? Tension at all?"

"Heh, always. But you can call him Ivan, that's his nane after all, and I said before, we aren't working. Anways, Ivan and I..." Alfred blushed slightly, zoning out a little, lost in thought. "Ah, we have some kind of relationship. Love-hate maybe. But some kind."

"Hm."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"You know, come to think of it, I haven't heard much from him lately. Have you?"

"No. I can't say I have. Shame. I wonder what he's been doing." Arthur said, his face devoid of all emotion. Quite a change from the amazing grin he had earlier, Alfred noted.

"Fantastic meal." Alfred said after a long silence of eating.

"Was it? Thanks, that means a lot. I'll take your plate." Arthur told him, standing up. While he was doing that, Alfred was puting on his jacket and heading towards the door.

"Oh. You're leaving." Arthur said as Alfred reached for the door knob.