Epilogue

A small creature raced through the forest, it's little legs struggling to go faster. He wanted to be the first to tell the mistress the good news.

A man stumbled past him, screaming at a branch he held in his hands. The little creature giggled. Watching these fae go mad was always entertaining. In the dark he saw his destination and raced through the entrance in the large tree trunk.

Beyond, was a small gathering of creatures and fae. Many were standing in small groups, talking in muted whispers. Seelie and Unseelie fae could be seen in cages on the outskirts of the small hall, they screamed and muttered as those outside the cages prodded and teased them.

Many of the onlookers grew quiet as the little creature raced to the head of the hall where a man and woman stood.

The woman's blonde hair flowed down her back, contrasting with the darkness of the realm. The man turned and the little creature bowed deeply so his nose touched the floor.

"What news do you bring, Skit?" His voice was deep, a coldness in it which could send chills down your spine.

"I have seen the girl you have waited for!" He jittered in his excitement. "She has entered the forest and remains as sane as you and I! It must be her!"

The woman turned and smiled. "Has she indeed?" The small freckle on her collarbone moving as she laughed lightly. "We must welcome her to the Veil. She is a very important guest after all."