Breaking the Rules -Chapter Two-

Chapter Two here I come. I dunno. Even if people don’t like I think I’m gonna keep writing it. Just for my own self entertainment. So yeah. Heregoesnothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day carried on as usual. After lunch was a fifteen minute wash break followed by World Geography, Calculus, and French, with seven minute breaks in between. After that was dinner, and then social hour, and then homework for two hours, and then around nine o’clock was lights out. I shuffled through my classes, but all I could seem to think about was the man who I’d caught the eye of.

When we had finally finished classes and social hour began I flopped down on my bed. My mind was wondering who that boy was. What was his name? When was his birthday? His favorite color? Seemingly silly question were all that flooded my head.

“What’s up with you Violet?” said Mae, the girl at lunch who had told me about my mystery man.

“Nothing,” I started, “I just…can’t seem to get that guy out of my head you mentioned earlier. Who is he?” My curiosity was getting the best of me.

“I’m not quite sure,” she stated, “but we can look it up!” She quickly jumped off of her bead and slid up a secret compartment in the wooden bed frame of her bed that she’d found earlier that year. Inside was the boy’s yearbook from 2322. I slid off my bed and walked over to hers, sitting down beside her. We flipped to the page we had bookmarked; John’s picture. We both sighed as we saw his staring back at us with those vibrantly green eyes.

Then, remembering my mission, I looked to the boy after him. There he was. My John Smith was smiling back at me with the similar playful smirk on his face that always seemed to be there. I looked for his name.

Alexander Williams.

I stared down at the generic American name. But it had a ring to it. I let the name roll over my tongue a couple times. It suited him. I stared back at the picture. He was looking at me? Him?

I let the idea soak into my head throughout the rest of the day and through the evening. Tomorrow I would investigate. See if he even actually was staring at me. It was probably just something Mae said to make me feel better about myself. And yet, the boy’s image stayed plastered in my mind.

The next morning I woke up at seven thirty. Thirty minutes later then I normally did. We only had from seven to eight to get ready in the morning and I had spent half of it sleeping.

“Crap,” I said quietly to myself(It’s a no no word at the boarding school). I grabbed my things and headed for the shower. Once I reached the wash room I saw Victoria putting on her make up.

“Why didn’t you wake me?” I asked, “I barely have time to get ready!” She turned to me with a sorry look in her eye.

“I’m so sorry!” she apologized, “I got up right at seven today and figured you would just get up in a couple minutes. I should’ve known after you didn’t show up here until now.” I quickly accepted her apology and headed for a shower. I stripped and got in the shower, only allowing myself five minutes so that I would have time to get dressed, apply make up, etc. Once I was done I hurriedly dried off and continued with my normal routine.

I finished and hopped in line just as the warden turned the corner to dismiss us to the first class of the day. We were dismissed and the classes seemed to drag on and on. I wanted it to reach 12:30; lunch. Finally, we were dismissed back to our commons for pre-lunch clean up. I scurried to my room and checked the mirror.

“What’s up with you?” Victoria asked and she looked at me examining myself in the mirror.

“Er..,” I started out, “…nothing?…I just… wanna feel good about myself…that’s all…” Before I finished another girl in our room started giggling.