Chapter 2

We got there in about half an hour. He only lives about 20 miles away, but it seems like forever. Once we finally got there, I ran to the front door, and opened it, since normally Stephen doesn’t lock the door.

Then I walked over to the couch, and sat down.

Looking around, for Stephen’s house, it sure didn’t look all too dirty.

I heard the freezer door open. “Hey Stephen, what are you doing?” I asked.

“It’s a secret.” He replied back.

“Ok,” I said. I went and tried to get a sneak peek at what he was doing, but I didn’t manage.

In about a minute he came in the living room with two bowls. What was in them, I didn’t know.

“Here you go Grace, a nice big bowl of ice cream for my princess.”

“Oh, wow Stephen, Ice cream?”

“Yeah, for my baby,” He said so sweetly.

“Oh, thank you so much! I can’t believe that you would get me ice cream.”

“It’s no problem; I was planning on having some when I got home anyway.”

“Ok,” I said digging in.

When we finished we set our bowls on this coffee table, and since I was freezing cold, I pulled up a blanket from the floor and covered up. Stephen scooted closer to me, and pulled part of the blanket over himself, then rapped himself around me. It felt so nice and warm in his arms. I then rested my head against his chest.

"So, honey, what's the plan for tonight?" I asked him, relaxing into him as he pulled me tighter.

"Well, I thought maybe we could go to a movie, or go out for dinner or something," he said as he turned on the T.V.

"That sounds fun, but I'm really tired right now."

"Well Princess, you can take a nap on me. You know I love nothing more then watching you sleep," he said with a smile that always lit up my world.

I yawned and told him "You just like to play with my hair when I sleep."

"True," he said as he twisted a piece of my hair around his finger. "But I'll let you rest peacefully, but only this time."

I kissed him, and lied my head back on his chest. The last thing I heard as I drifted off to my dreams was the sound of him humming Jimi Hendix's "Little Wing."

***

Only the sound of the rain woke me up.

I was laying alone in his bed. It was dark out, I wondered how late I had slept for.

I felt icky and very unclean. I need a shower, ASAP. No way, ever, did I want Stephen seeing or smelling me like this. Even if I looked and smelled like this during a game, I didn't want him seeing me like this right now.

I got up and went to the bathroom. I went in and started the shower. I looked around for a towel, and I couldn't find one. I went outside the bathroom to look in the closet. There was a towel in there, thank goodness. I didn't know what I would do if I hadn't been able to find one.

I got in the shower. I then realized I didn't have my favorite shampoo here. Darn it, that shampoo had the best smell ever, and all Stephen had was a bar of soap and a small bottle of shampoo. I guess it would have to do. Next time I planned on staying over, or just coming here after a game, I would have to remember to bring my own shampoo, conditioner, and body soap. Maybe a towel too, Stephen's wasn't very soft compared to the ones we had at home. Oh well, at least I learned something new from this.