Chapter 2: Lost

A/N: Hello folks! Welcome back :) Here you have chapter 2 of the Spiderman AU. I hope you are enjoying it so far. Looking back, I can see it's kind of really dark ;P But yeah... Who doesn't like a little drama?

_____________________________________

It has been already two months since uncle Ben died. Two months I've been hunted by the same nightmare, replaying over and over. I would wake up with the wanted poster that was hanging above my desk, reminding me, what I needed to do.

I put down the bouquet of flowers in front of his tombstone at the cemetery. I was the one responsible for his death. How could I still bear to live with myself? That moment was replaying again and again and again. It was turning me to complete insanity. I dissapeared in an alley and returned as Spider-Woman. As I was swinging over the roof tops, a certain red head drew my attention. When I looked closer I saw it was Chloe getting something to eat with her best friend, Aubrey. I hadn't seen Aubrey in forever. She used to be a Bella when I was still a freshman. We weren't really on the best of terms then. Still at the end our group had never been closer with each other. We even won the ICCA'S. Good times... That was before I turned into New York's private superhero. Chloe Beale... I have had a crush on her ever since she moved into the house next to us. Boy... She really is gorgeous. I was mesmerized by the way she was reading the menu, her mind not yet set on what she was going to pick. Then two police cars drove by, their sirens singing trough the streets. "What do you have for me today New York?" I tracked the police's trail, looking one more time over my shoulder to see Chloe watching the famous Spider-Woman fly off.

"He is getting away!" One of the police officers yelled at his men when the criminal disappeared into an alley. I ran across the rooftops, my hands clutching around the pipe of a water tower to climb on top of it. I saw the man run into a parking lot. I attached my web to the top floor and swung myself into the floor below. I caught the criminal who was just about to run up the stairs. "Mister criminal? Excuse me what are you doing?" I stopped breathing once I got to see his face. That face... I would recognise it everywhere, the one responsible for my uncle's death. I couldn't even begin to explain the things that went through me at that moment. My blood boiled in rage.

"Who the fuck are you?" He asked.

"I'm sorry. Can't recognise me with this mask on right?" I spat out, the words burning on my tongue like venom. I pulled off my mask, looking fiercely into his eyes. "Recognise me now buddy?!"

He looked at me with dull eyes. "No, I don't, now piss off girl!" He yelled, waving with his knife. "LOOK AT ME!!" I now screamed, my throat felt so dry, I didn't even recognise the sound it made.

"I warned you!" He ran at me, holding up his knife out to me. I attached my web onto his tattooed wrist, pulling him towards the concrete floor which he landed with his face on. "Did you warn my uncle?! Before you put a bullet into him!?" I spat out, restlessly making circles around my uncle's killer. "Y-your uncle?" He said with ignorance. I kicked him in his stomach. "So you have already forgotten?!" I couldn't control myself any longer. I took a step back. "You fucking asshole! Try to remember. The night you robbed that shop... You were running off with the money when you met my uncle." The criminal tried to recollect his memory. Thinking back what happened. "You mean that old guy with the glasses? Who was so stubborn to move out of the way?!" He passed my breaking point. I grabbed the knife from the ground got on one knee next to him and stabbed him in his leg. He screamed, turning us both over and hit me a few times in my face. I was so full with adrenaline I didn't even feel a thing. I pushed him off of me, wiping off the blood that had stained my face. The guy slowly regained his composure, still breathing heavily from the pain. "Look it was never my intention to kill your uncle. It was an accident!"