2

People were crowded everywhere on the train.  Some creepy looking dude rubbed up against the brunette woman, I had seen just get on the train, and she laid into him verbally, "Excuse me, I am right here!  Keep your bloody hands to yourself!"  Then she mumbled, "stupid Mr. Can't Keep His Hands To Himself."  As she tried to brush off her clothes where he had rubbed up against her.  She too had a fabulous accent.

Lisa perked up, "Gooday Mate." She said with a smile to the brunette.  "And you," she turned, pointing at Creepy McCreeperson, "No one messes with an Aussie.  She and I might not know each other but that doesn't mean we will stand by idly while you get your jollies."

Another woman from the back of the train, with dark sunglasses and a hoodie pulled up over her hair, had stepped forward, flanking Lisa.  "Is there a problem, brown eyes?"  She held up her perfectly manicured fingernails and inspected them while Creepy McCreeperson realized he was suddenly surrounded by a number of not so happy woman.

Creepy held up his hands and backed off, "Not worth it."  He moved to the train stairwell and waited for the next stop.  The woman in sunglasses and a hoodie lithely followed each step he took with one of her own.  As if she was stalking her prey.

"Bangers and mash!  That was bloody awesome!"  Fallon exclaimed and we all giggled at her sudden British accent. 

"What is your name?"  I asked, eager to get to know the bold Aussie.

"I'm Annie," the brunette responded cautiously. 

"Hi!  I'm Tiffany, this here is Fallon, and the brave fellow Aussie is Lisa.  But I don't know who the mysterious lady up there is."  I pointed in the direction Creepy had gone.  Everyone looked her way, but we could only see her back as she hovered over Creepy until the next stop.

From behind me I heard a quiet American voice, with a New England accent, say, "I don't know I would have been brave enough to stand up to him."  We all turned to looked at the blonde in the vintage dress.  She was beautiful, shapely, and her voice sounded so sweet.  She is the kind of person you immediately grab hold of and announce, 'This is my new best friend!'  Or maybe that's just me.  Nice, with fashion sense...it's a no brainier.

The train had stopped again and we all turned to watch, making sure Creepy get off the train.  Getting on in his place was a lady with short blonde hair and she was holding a Pug that had a bow tie around his neck.  The pretty blonde behind us sing-songed, "Your Pug is so cute!  What's his name?"  Bringing this new passenger into our little group of fellow travelers.

The new blonde lady sat down in the seats near the rest of us.  "Hi ya'll!  This here is Pork Chop.  And I'm Jennifer."  Instantly I recognized her Southern accent.

"Hello Jennifer, I'm Katy."  Vintage blonde told all of us.  Each of us introduced ourselves to the other, explaining why we were here visiting London, England.  Almost all of them were here for the same book signing.  It was for the author Anna Isali.

"Wait!  You mean, this author?"  I asked, holding up my new book, pointing at it.

"That's the one!  She's one of our own!  An Aussie Mate!"  Annie explained and Lisa giggled as she nodded.  I studied the book's cover but there was not an author picture.

"This is her first time to come out in public to sign her books."  Fallon explained.  "That rocks that she is all secretive and mysterious.  To have people love your writing and not know who you are.  She totally YOLO-ed that!"

"No one knows what she looks like!  Ya'll this is a big deal!"  Jennifer enthused, using big hand gestures, just like all Southern women do. Her dog just sat all gentlemanly in her lap.  She made me giggle just watching her.

"This train ride has been so much fun!  But my stop is coming up next."  I told them.

"Where are you staying?"  Katy asked.

"Hotel Xenia."

"Me too!"  They all exclaimed in unison. 

"What?  No way!"  I was shocked.  What are the odds that this group of ladies I randomly met on a train were all headed to the same place?

"Well duh!"  Fallon interrupted my thoughts, "It's where the book signing is taking place."

"Oh, that makes sense.  My sister loves books and she booked us in this hotel, so she must have wanted us to be here for the book signing too.  Good thing I bought the book!"  I was smiling and waving this book about.

"We should all meet up for coffee or tea tonight for a Book Group discussion."  Lisa offered.

Everyone agreed to meet in the lobby at 8pm.  As we parted to go to up the stairs to our rooms, I noticed that the mysterious woman in glasses, from the train, lingered behind us in the lobby.  Maybe she was here for the book signing, too!  Should we invite her to join us tonight at 8pm?

I let the others go on ahead and I went back to the lobby.  "Hi, thanks for helping us back there on the train.  I don't know if you are here for the book signing later, but we are all meeting tonight down here in the lobby at 8pm, if you want to join us."

She just smiled at me and nodded, "thank you." 

I don't know if she will come, but at least she can feel a part if she wants.  I skipped off to my room to see if my sisters had arrived.  And to read as much of the book as I can before 8pm.