Chapter 1

Three Years Later

~Willow's POV~

I opened my eyes slowly the early morning light streaming in stinging my eyes I shut them again. "WAKE UP WILLOW!" Someone yelled in my ear I shot up resisting the urge to scream, I heard laughing from the direction of the voice and saw Skyla standing there laughing her head off. She fell to the ground still laughing hysterically, I shake my head and then hear a yell from downstairs.

"WHAT ARE YOU GIRLS DOING!" Miss. Wickerbottom yells. "I was only laughing." Skyla says looking at me. "Yeah, I know." I say rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, grabbing my glasses and some clothes out of the wardrobe. I put them on and look at what I'm wearing a light green 'Sjin's farm' Shirt, white pre-ripped jeans, blue sneakers, and an orange 'The Jaffa Factory' hoodie.

I go into the bathroom to brush my hair, I look in the mirror my brown hair is messy from sleep. But I have to make it nice or else I'll get in trouble. "Think people will freak if I wear this?" Skyla asks turning to me I squint and look at what she's got on, she's wearing a white 'FLUX'D' Shirt, light blue jeans with the words 'Flux Buddies' stitched into the pockets, white sneakers with purple outlining and a white 'Flux Buddies' hoodie she also has a white and purple headband in her hair.

"People won't freak they'll probably just feel the need to go see what Flux Buddies is." I say walking out of the bathroom and going to my bed grabbing my phone out from under my pillow I put my glasses on and log into Wattpad seeing if there are any new notifications or messages there isn't. I look over at Skyla and suddenly feel like I've forgotten something important.

"GIRLS ARE YOU READY YET?! THE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE HERE SOON!" Miss. Wickerbottom yells and then I remember. It's adoption day. The worst day of the month, we never get adopted, in fact we've tried not to. Skyla told me that one day our dad is gonna come here and he's going to adopt us, and we're gonna be a happy family.

Luckily nobody ever wants to adopt us, we're 12 now and most people just want babies or younger kids who haven't developed their personality yet. They certainly don't want two twelve year olds. "Come on Willow lets go!" Skyla says full of happiness as usual. I nod and follow her down to the adoption room. Most of the kids are there already, we are usually late anyways.

We hop into our seats, our folders on the table in front of us. We watch as couples start to walk around and look at the folders, but most people take one look at us and walk to the next person.

The day goes by pretty fast I look at my phone it's reads '2:30' almost time for the orphanage to shut its doors again. I watch the last couple walk in, they walk around but don't pick up anyone's folders. That is until they come to us, the woman smiles, and picks up my folder. Then Skyla's and smiles more, she looks at her husband and he nods.

They continue walking up the line. When they get to the end of kids, they go talk to Miss. Wickerbottom about who knows what. Skyla and I sit there playing our phones, when the woman, comes up to us again. "Hello." The woman says smiling. "Hi." We both say in unison, looking up from our screens.

"You guys must be Willow and Skyla, my name is Rebecca Pointer and this is my husband Dan." She says pointing to the man as he walks up. "That's nice." Skyla says a semi-smile appearing on her face. "Well then, how would you two sweet girls like to be adopted by us." She said, her countenance showing great happiness.

"No." We say sternly in unison, once more. Rebecca is slightly taken aback by this. "Well why not? We promise, we'll give you a good home." She tries to bargain with us. "Because, our dad is gonna adopt us, and he's gonna take us home and we're gonna be a happy family." I say and Skyla nods in agreement.

"Girls!" Miss. Wickerbottom scolds. "I am so sorry Miss Pointer. They have had that idea stuck in their heads for the last three years. I'm sure we can work something out, within the next few days." Rebecca waves her off, and tries reasoning with us again. "Girls, It's been a long time. Your dad, probably doesn't even know you exist. Please come with me, I can give you whatever you want." My jaw drops, and so does Skyla's.

"Excuse me he does know we exist. And he's coming to get us!" I practically scream at her, Skyla sighs. "I think we're done here, Willow?" I nodded, and we got up and ran back upstairs going straight to our room. Ignoring Wickerbottom's yelling. I sigh, taking off my glasses, plugging in my phone, and flopping down in my bed. Skyla, plugs her phone in too, before laying down next to me.

"Skyla?" "Willow?" "When will dad come?" She doesn't respond. I snuggle up to her. "I don't want to go with the Pointers." She sighs, putting her arm round me pulling me closer."We need to get out of here. We need to find Dad." I say, trying to get a response out of her. "I agree, we need to sneak out of here, find dad. Will make a plan tomorrow, for now, let's just get some sleep." With that we slipped into a deep slumber.

A/N: Huzza, another chapter done. We have big plans, the future is bright.

~Skyla and Willow