Chapter 1

"Cora hurry up and put your skates on its almost opening time" my boss said.

"You know Lesley why do we still wear skates it's 2015 for God's sake" I say as a joke.

I love my job at parkways diner it's like another home for me, all my coworkers are also like my other little tiny family. I work here for my mom to help support our little family, my dad is in the military and we haven't seen him in 6 months. My older brother and my other older brother who are twins have moved out,and my other older brother has moved out too. My mom doesn't make enough money to support my little brother and I.

We do get money sent over from my dad's job but it isn't always enough.

"Because that's the theme of the diner" Lesley says.

I shake my head at him with a little laugh.

"opening time Cora" he says as he turns on the little open sign.

I skate over to grab my little waitress book.

A couple customers walk in sitting on Co-workers tables. Then a couple more Come in and sit at my table, I skate over and introduce myself as I take there orders.

I go over to give Caleb the cook the orders.

"You have a couple of other customers and your age" Caleb said pointing to a table.

I turn around to spot them.

The popular bad boys of Redrige High.

I hate all of them.

Jackson Lee is the baby of the group he is a junior while the rest are seniors like me. Ajay Lee Is the older brother of Jackson he's cutest of the group but not the hottest. Aiden Cot is the quite one of the group I've heard him talk a couple times during class answering questions. Then there is Parker King the biggest player but sadly the hottest of them all and the most popular of them all.

"No I think that's Lincolns table" I said.

"Nope let's go" Caleb said coming out of the kitchen. "You weigh like ten pounds right" he said asking himself about me. He nodded his head at himself. Before I knew it he was pushing me straight to the table.

I couldn't slow myself down and I ended up skating into the wall right next to their table.

Before the guys turned in their seats I "played it cool" by leaning on the wall and acted like I was thinking.

"Hey waitress could you help us out over here" Ajay said.

I rolled over there. "Ya sorry about that I'll be your waitress today my name is..." I stopped at my name, not because I forgot because I didn't want them to know my name.

"Your name is what" Jackson said.

"Names don't matter let's just get to the orders" I smiled at them.

"I think you forgot you have a name tag....Cora" Parker smirked at me.

"Oh Ya I didn't even notice" I laughed nervously.

"Hold on I think I recognize you aren't you that girl in my Nursing class" Aiden said.

I nodded my head at him.

"Oh my god can we just order some food" Jackson started complaining.

"I would like a bacon burger with a side of french fries and a large Dr. Pepper" Ajay said.

"I want a Colby jack burger with some fries and a large Dr.Pepper" Jackson said.

"Could I get a cheeseburger with a side of mashed potatoes and a medium Pepsi" Aiden said.

Then there was Parker, I looked over at him waiting for him to tell me his order. "I want a cheeseburger, large fries, oh and a large coke"

I wrote their orders down and skated over to Caleb once again.

"Caleb I hate you" I said as I handed him the orders.

He gasped "sweet old Cora hates someone and worst of all its me"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled "just hurry up with the food"

I checked the clock on the wall to see I had only been at work for 30 minutes, this is going to be a long day.

"Order up Cora" I looked at Caleb with a glare as I put the food on my tray.

I started skating over there. "Oh my Jesus it's here the food" Jackson said as on cue his stomach growled.

I chuckled at him as he made a mad face. I set the food down on there table.

"Hey Cora could I get your number you're pretty hot" Jackson winked at me.

"Aw that's cute..But no" I said.

"Dude stop flirting with girls who are older than you" Aiden said to his brother as he smacked his arm.

The two started bickering. As I started to skate away Parker said something.

"I hope you know we totally noticed your little bump into the wall" turning my head around I glared at him and started skating away.

The first chapter I know it's short but the first chapter is just the beginning so it's going to be short next chapter will not be short lol I hope you guys like this chapter enough to keep reading when I update :)