The Joker||Chapter 2

I was so close to peeing my pants, that it wasn't funny. The tears were blurring my vision so bad, that everything was getting hazy.

The bloodstained crowbar, seemed to multiply in the haze. It was shakily getting closer, or I was swaying closer, either way I didn't like the current situation.

Gripping the end of the knife in my deeply cut bloody fingers, I was contemplating whether to throw it or not.

"All around the circus, there lay dead bodies, Joker thought slaughtering was cool so Pop Goes The People!"

"That fücking accursed singing was right in front of me. Silence that sh!t," I thought nastily to myself.

The moment I heard rocks crunch beneath the shoes in front of me. Panicking, I hastily threw the knife I've been desperately clutching as if it were my own life.

I heard fabric rip, and the smell of blood was more pronounced in the air. I knew the knife lodged itself somewhere in the person in front of me, but where?

Why?

Why weren't they screaming in pain? Or cursing for dear life.

Deranged laughter sounded from the person in front of me. "Sweetie did you think that would work?" The voice was smooth, velvety almost setting me in a trance.

The footsteps soon approached me, the shadow soon casting behind the man approaching me.

"All around the circus, there lay dead bodies, Joker thought slaughtering was cool so Pop Goes The People!"

"What do you want from me!" My voice rose higher than I expected. I shouldn't be yelling at someone who would kill me in a matter of seconds.

"Shh shh shhh it's gonna be okay in a few seconds. I'm not going to kill ya, I'm just going to hurt ya really, really bad. Hm maybe some big cuts here and there. Nothing major," the figure was trying to be soothing but nothing about those words were neither angelic nor calming.

The man step towards me, my knees buckled from beneath me, as I fell to the floor, the man revealed his face. His features were covered in clown face paint.

The thing that disturbed me the most was his mouth. It looked stretched and swollen at the edges, stained in a red tint, but I can't lie even though I was disturbed it was still kinda hot.

Once in front of me, the man lifted the crow bar, letting a few drops of blood fall into my blonde hair.

"What's your name?" He was smiling at me, and the tears in my eyes were started to come back.

"H-Harleen Q-Q-Quinzel," I managed to stutter out in the worst way possible.

I noticed a change in his expression, that went from playful to forlorn. He brought back the crowbar, just before swinging it towards my head. I turned quickly dodging it just in time.

"Don't say that name," he muttered. "You are not her, nobody can be her."

I was confused at this point really, I didn't know what to say. My mind was really elsewhere right now. He didn't want me to say the name Harleen Quinzel? Was there a problem with it?

Deciding to test the waters I started to whisper, "Harleen Quinzel. Harleen Quinzel. Harleen Quinzel."

He shouted, a very inhumane shout. He swung the crowbar, over and over again trying to hit me. I couldn't believe what was happening, and I didn't like it.

The circus really kept a psychopath in the cellars?!

"Fucking shit!" I placed my hand on my right side. My fingers felt the warm blood, all around my skin. The crowbar managed to swipe at my side but I could tell the cut wasn't as deep, so I didn't have to worry about my fingers accidentally slipping inside.

"Now what is your name, and I mean your real name?"

I couldn't even answer his question, because I broke down into sobs. I cried so hard, that my body shook and I continuously was desperately trying to breath in air. The last time I ever cried so hard was when they took Joker from me, and that was years ago.

I remember how I cried myself to sleep in my father's arm, how he whispered that everything was going to be alright.

My father wasn't here right now, to tell me it was gonna be alright. I didn't think anything right now is going to be alright.

"Why are you crying, you should be laughing. Pain is humorous, in the end you come out a lot stronger," the psycho said, laughing to himself.

"What do you have against Harleen Quinzel?" If I was going to die now, I might as well know what he had against my name first.

"That b!tch abandoned me. She watched as I was taken away, locked down, and tortured in these cellars."

I never once recalled abandoning anybody. The only time I remember someone getting locked in the cellars were...

Holy Sh!t!

"J-Joker?" I was partially praying to God it was him, while I also hoped it wasn't him.

"One and only baby," He smiled, the most creepiest smile I'd ever seen. Shivers were sent down my back, and I didn't enjoy them.

"I-I didn't mean to! I was helpless, I couldn't do anything. I really wanted to help. I liked you a lot, you were my friend!"

As soon as the words left my mouth, silence hung in the air. I was still afraid of what was going to happen, especially since Joker believed that I betrayed him.

Back then I considered him as my Puddin'.

"I've only been down here for a few minutes maybe even half an hour and so much has happened," I thought to myself. I didn't think I would ever be able to see Joker again especially.

"Lying isn't the best thing you could do in this situation." He moved to stand in front of me, dropping the crowbar behind him. I couldn't even find the knife I threw, as a matter if fact I never even seen him pull it out.

WHAT THE?!?

His gloved hand gripped my face tightly. Warm breath fanned against my face, and his lips were a mere few inches away from mine. Even with the torn, swollen mouth he was still attractive.

He stared intensely into my eyes with his green pupils. Emotions I hardly seen were shown in them: Want, Sorrow, Lust, Love, and Anger.

I was contemplating whether or not to just lean into him, and plant my lips on his with a kiss, it seems like I've been craving ever since I've saw his face and learned who he was.

"I liked you back then and I like you even more now." I leaned in to close the gap between our mouths.

**********************
**************
*****

I know that this isn't as great as you want it to be but I have to update or it'll never get done.

Harley kissing Joker after he tried to kill her is completely insane.