Chapter 5 - I sacrificed Vampire Diaries for you, you better respect me.

Chapter 5 – I sacrificed Vampire Diaries for you, you better respect me.

It had been two days since that disastrous thing happened. By that morning, that bloody lie travelled to every part of the town. Of course, bad travels fast. Congratulations were on the way from every pack member who I didn’t know existed. Celina was the only one who congratulated me whole heartedly from our school. Other teen wolves said ‘What the fuck’ right on my face. Few people even updated their facebook statuses saying:

‘Go home moon! You are drunk.’

On the other side of the coin, both Terrence and I were scared like shit. We were ready to reveal everything but Dr. Richards stopped us given the situation where Mrs. Miller attempts suicide again after knowing she had been lied to. Moreover, the doctor advised us to continue on the lie as he thought that the woman had the last surge of energy before a terminally ill patient dies. Apparently, her near death experience wasn’t much of a miracle.

Terrence was happy given that his mom had stopped nagging about him not getting a mate. Well, she started nagging about organizing a huge party after she gets out of the bed. I was happy because I got the question papers, not just the Calculus papers but other subjects too. How much ever this was going good, deep down I was scared like shit. I don’t want to imagine the circumstances when my true mate arrives.

“The alpha arrives tonight.” Mom squealed coming into my room.

She was carrying few evening dresses in her hands. Ever since the news broke out, my parents were shocked like hell as their fit for nothing daughter just climbed up the social ladder with speed of light. They started treating me like I am a precious artefact or a rare piece of diamond. Not that I am complaining but when the truth comes out, I don’t know what would happen.

“So?” I questioned when she entered without a simple knock on my door.

“So?” She repeated my question a bit confused. “You are the beta female now. You should receive him first. We are planning his homecoming tonight.” She said like it’s the obvious.

 “Mom, it’s the season premiere of Vampire Diaries tonight.” I whined.

“Are you mad? You get that on DVD if you want but the alpha wouldn’t come in a pizza box.” She widened her eyes. I fell back on the bed when she said that. Come on, I was waiting for it for months. Mom sat beside me and gently stroked my hair.

“You said he wouldn’t come for a week.” I complained.

“Well the problem had been solved and the flight schedules have been altered.” She replied.

“Virgin, stop behaving like a child. You hold a responsible position now. Being the beta female, you are supposed to earn his respect.” She said gently and I nodded my head. Of course, I was sacrificing Vampire Diaries for him, he better respect me.

*******************************************************************

Alpha Clifford booked the town hall to organise his son’s homecoming party. My parents didn’t compromise with anything and went too far to make everything look rich. There was a chocolate fountain for the pups at one corner. Glasses were piled up to look like a fountain and champagne flowed like water. A huge chandelier was in the middle and a wide variety of flowers were hung beside it. Beta Terrence was taking care of the wines and the other alcoholic beverages.

I was being greeted by unknown people and few even bowed to me. I need to google whether there’s a phobia for fear of being ridiculously popular.

“Brad prefers lager.” Alpha Clifford said looking at the beer bottles.

“Oh! I think the bottles are at my place.” Terrence answered him.

Terrence was talking to some well dressed person. He was important as he was ready to make a huge donation for our school. Terrence was already busy running here and there. So, there was no way he would go to his house and bring them while losing the valuable opportunity of impressing that huge donor. Instead I volunteered to bring the drinks from his house. I was freaked out with the creeps of the party anyway.

*******************************************************************

I sighed when I put the last box of bottles in the car. I jogged to the driver side of the car and opened the door. I stopped getting in when I saw a boy, probably of my age sitting on the street. He was dressed in dark ripped jeans and a formal shirt. His legs were propped up and he was resting his elbows on his knees. His palms were knotted in his hair.

“Hey! Are you alright?” I asked walking closer to him. I knew that it’s the darkest hour and that boy’s a stranger. There wasn’t a single soul on the road and it’s not a good thing to talk to him. That’s what the movies say all the time. Isn’t it? But, the guy was cute. He snapped his head towards me clearly startled by my question.

“My head....it’s aching like hell and I am thirsty.” He said with pain lacing his words.

“I have beer bottles with me, I don’t have water.” I said to him.

“Wow! My lucky day.” He smiled a little and I made my way to my car.

I saw the moon coming out of the clouds and a vicious growl echoed in the silent street. I turned back and saw the boy struggling with himself. Wolf fur grew on his arms and his clothes were ripped to pieces. In a moment, he transformed into a wolf.

Rogue.

My mind kept on saying. Rogues are werewolves that turn on the three nights of the full moon. Instead of running towards my car, I ran into the woods. Bad move, totally bad move even after watching so many serial killer movies.

*******************************************************************

Vote, Comment, Promote and Fan.