Part 2: Task #1

"For the last time, that dress looks great on you!" Violet yelled. I still didn't believe her. I turned around and looked in the mirror. Sure, the white does unbelievable wonders with my figure, but it's...white.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Just get it already!" she replied, pushing me into the changing room to put on my normal clothes.

Once inside the bland little room, I pulled off my white dress and looked in the mirror for a brief second, staring at the countless tattoos placed all over my body. Each one had a special meaning, a memory inclosed in the ink.

The one on my right back, for example, represents the first time I ever met Xaver. He was in school with me when we were younger, but we never talked. One day, around the last day of my 5th year, he came up to me and asked me if I wanted to go jumping with him.
From there we hit it off. I told him everything, well, everything a Dauntless would say and he told me his life story. We talked and jumped and just hung out. It was nice, until he changed.

Xaver started hanging out with the wrong crowd. He started making fun of me as a joke, standing me up when we were suppose to hang out, and only wanting to talk about himself. Basically, he became a jerk. And I thought I was done with him, until he came back at the party I threw.
I turned my head away, hoping to somehow block the memories. Thankfully I was smart enough to put my tattoos in hideable locations. I looked at the dress again. Its pure white color contrasted with the black I used to wear. In some ways, it represented a new birth of myself. It would wash me clean of my Dauntless, make me a clean slate, so that I can become Amity. My shirt flew over my head and I walked out of the changing room, dress in hand. Violet looked up at me expectantly, so I smiled.

"Its perfect."

-

The decorations at the initiate ball were stunning. I was surprised it actually looked good, compared that all the fractions were represented. Instead of looking like a rainbow threw up, it looked like a nice joining of the five colors. Even each version of food was represented.

Many people danced, happy they were finally part of their faction, but I preferred to stay in the corner. Ironically, braveness had never really been my thing. Besides, I was doing my own celebrating by watching others express my emotions through gliding across the dance floor.

"Nice turn out," a manly voice said to the side of me. I snapped my head in Xaver's direction, planning to only smirk at him before turning away. My plan busted into flames as I saw his outfit. His skin tight, black pants seemed to be the only Dauntless thing about him. He was wearing a grey vest with a white polo and a hot pink bow tie. The vest did wonders for his body, not only showing off his rock hard abs, but his colorful tattoos too.

I gawked at him for a bit longer until he awkwardly coughed. That's when I noticed something. His possi wasn't with him. They were off doing whatever. It was just like old times, only him and me.

"I like your dress," he complimented, waving at my white attire that seemed oh too white at the moment. Of course, he was wearing a pink bow tie, so who was I to judge on being different.

"Thanks," is all I ended up mumbling. He looked at me as if I was his favorite thing in the world to him. What happened since a few days ago?

"I can't stop thinking about you," he muttered. I strained my ears to hear him.

"Me too," I found myself replying, even though I had barely given him a second thought, well, except that morning. Before I could clarify anything else though, the room filled with screams and gunshots.

"Divergent!" rung throughout my ears, echoing the shouted word.