Nightmare

Chapter 8 Nightmare

Today has been shit so far. Yes, people were actually talking to me and I had a place to sit at in lunch. But I didn't feel like talking or being around people right now, I feel like shit. I'm so disgusted with my mom, I feel stupid for telling Will, and lastly I feel like a jackass for not answering Adam's text last night. I always answer him when he texts me. I went to bed early and I woke up with a text from Adam but this morning I felt like utter shit and I didn't want to text him back.

9th period rolls around and I don't feel like going to class. So I found a bathroom and just sat on a toilet in a stall looking at my phone, wondering if it would be stupid to text him back now.

I felt like crying again for like the hundredth time today. I feel like a girl on her period, my feelings are so freaking jumbled.

Ten minutes pass and I force myself to get up and wash my hands to buy more time. How would the teacher feel about me walking into class 10 minutes late with no pass. I'll probably get a detention or something.

My phone buzzes in my pocket.

Adam- Are you okay? Where are you

Tommy- I'm sorry, I didn't answer you last night, its just something happened last night and I didn't feel like talking.

Adam- Its fine, did you stay home today?

Tommy- No, Im in the bathroom

Adam- Why?

Tommy- Because

I quickly wipe my face of the tears that fell.

Adam- Okay just come to class and we can talk about it later.

I look up to see the door open, it was that douche that I couldn't bother to learn his name.

"Oh, hey faggot." He smiles in my face before walking past me. My stomach turned from sadness to fear so I ran out of the bathroom with tears falling down my face again.

I slow my pace and try and clean my face but when I make it to my class, I couldn't go in. I could feel the makeup drying on my face. There is no way i'm going in there with makeup stains all over my face. I must look like a racoon. I fall to the floor with a sigh and I put my head in my knees.

"Tommy?" The voice was smooth and manly. It lifted my heart and made me feel a little less gross. I look up to see Adam sitting down next to me. "What happened?" I shake my head and break our gaze, a tear falling again.

Adam takes my hand and pulls me into a closer bathroom. Once inside, he let go of my hand and checked to see if anyone else was in there with us.

"Why are you crying?" He locked the bathroom door and I felt my heartrate speed up.

"I, uh." I don't know where to start. Adam grabs a towel and starts to clean my face. "It's a long story." I concluded. I can't tell him.

He didn't say anything, he just cleaned up my face. Once he was done, i was biting my lip and trying my best not to cry again. He looks me in the eyes and I slammed my face into his chest and hugged him. I felt like I should apologize, i'm not good enough for him. I'm not strong. A teenaged guy crying over something so stupid.

Adam chuckles and hugs me back. I pull away and look up at him and smile.

"Come on, let's go back to class." My smile dropped and I shook my head no. He looks sad but I think he understands. "Okay but wait for me. I wanna walk my pretty, I mean handsome boyfriend home." I smile and give him a slight push before pulling him back into my arms to lean up and kiss him.