Eloquent Ink 4

Eloquent Ink 4:

-UNEDITED-

I would've liked to go on a date with him. I really would've. But my automatic answer to his offer was "I don't think that's very professional Mr. Slater. Or a very good idea." As I said it I could feel the impassive expression so easily slip on my face. Just like a mask, a mask I almost always wear.

I could feel myself shutting down emotionally, and it was very comforting. My walls going up mentally felt as if they could protect me from anything- from Alaric.

He looked disappointed as he said "Oh, okay then. That's fine. I'd still like to get to know you." I felt kind of guilty for shutting him down so quickly- which is weird because I've never felt like this rejecting any guy.

"Fine. Strictly professional," the three words left my mouth quickly and I turned to go to Arian and tell him to sweep and mop in the rooms.

~~~~

I went home after a few jokes and drinks with Arian and Alaric. Alaric took me home even though I was fine by myself, and managed to get my number. Well, I didn't exactly protest so I made it easy for him. After he dropped me off with a hug goodnight he went to go catch a bus to go home himself.

I unlocked the door to the building then took the elevator up to my apartment and entered, pretty tired from the day I've had even if it wasn't as bad as others. When I got home the atmosphere was off... maybe it's just me.

And the fact that I'm burning up in my clothes from all that walking. I quickly stripped down to my undies, taking the clothes I've worn today and putting them in the laundry basket since they were all sweaty and dirty by now. Stretching out in my underwear, I walked into the kitchen of my apartment.

I loved having my own space, I could do whatever I want and walk around however I pleased, no one disturbing my peaceful solitude. I didn't need to cover up or worry about anyone coming in and ruining my mood like back in the days when my parents would come home just to argue and I'd fall asleep amid violence and screams.

I poured myself a cup of water and jumped as I drank it to the sound of someone buzzing my apartment. Who is visiting me this late?

I grabbed my red satin robe and quickly tied it around my waist as I went to the video intercom and looked through the camera installed in front of the building to see who was there- and found Alaric. Why? "What are you doing here?" I asked, a bit hostile because he scared the crap outta me.

"I honestly don't know. I just wanted to come up for a drink and to have a talk with you. I know it sounds crazy but I really feel like we should talk." What the hell is up with this guy?

I quickly contemplated it in my head and eventually gave in. Normally I wouldn't but I guess I have a soft spot for this guy.

"Oh alright," I said and pressed the button to buzz him into my building.

He rang my bell quickly and I wondered how he got up here so fast, then again, it is really late and nobody else would be entering or leaving my building at this time. I opened the door for him and he looked adorably nervous, making a few butterflies erupt in my stomach which I haven't felt in a long, long time. "Hi, Tams, I know this is really random and we've only began to get to know each other but I really would like to speak with you more, and know you even better, I don't know, it's just something about you-" He stopped his adorable rambling when he looked down at my feet.

"WHAT ARE THOOOOOOOOOOSSEEEEEEE" (LMFAO JK IMAGINE)

"A-are those tattoos?" He asked me, seeming entranced by the markings on my left leg from my thigh, and the others of a vine on my right foot.