Prologue

Prologue:

I stormed out on the house, once again torn apart.

This always happens. And I've grown into the habit of doing the same thing every time it does. This is the third time.

I was feeling fed up and annoyed and hated this.

One year. I had one year left and then I was free. Actually a little less than a year because I'm turning 18 in a few months.

Phone and money clutched in hand, I dialed the familiar number of the only person who could help me at this moment.

Arian. My best friend all through primary school and high school. The only person I truly trust, especially with something like this.

"What's up Tams?"

"I need your help." I answered.

"Another one?" He asked a bit shocked, already knowing what I wanted.

"Yes. I'm coming over to your house now." I said and hung up without giving him a chance to respond. I straightened my back, wiped the tears from my eyes and walked to my best friend's house giving off a false vibe of confidence so everyone I encountered during the walk didn't see the broken girl lying underneath.

I was greeted with a hug and a look of concern from Arian.

"Your parents again?" He asked, although he probably already knew the answer.

"I don't want to speak about it. Get dad." I answered straight to the point and Arian knew the better choice was to listen to me than berate me for details.

"Hey Tams, what brings you here?" His father greeted me and with one look at my face, he saw right through me and knew the answer. Arian lives with his father in a smaller part of town, his mother abandoned him when he was seven. His father was more like a dad to me than my own stepfather.

Without any words I walked with him into their home, and walked the familiar path to one of my favorite rooms.

I entered, looking at all the beautiful art which surrounded me, enticed once again at the intricate designs and different artwork covering the walls, and sat in the chair at the center. His father sat next to me, preparing his own version of a tool kit for whatever I wanted. Arian stood beside me.

"What do you want this time?" Arian asked.

"Words."

"Where?"

"Collarbone."

"What do you want it to say?"

"'One day at a time.'" I thought about what I wanted to get on my way here. It may seem like a spur of the moment thing, but I know I definitely won't regret this later. "How much will it be?" I asked, although I had a feeling what the answer might be.

"Nothing. You're like a daughter to me, do you really think I would charge you?" His father uttered the same answer he did the first time I came here.

I nodded my head, knowing fully well not to argue, and that I needed the spare money anyway.

"Ready?" Arian asked like he always did.

I simply nodded again and his father cleaned and prepped the area of my collarbone before positioning the needle at my skin and turning on the tattoo machine.

I winced slightly, but still felt a sense of comfort as Arian held my hand and the needle continuously met my skin.

~~~~~~

Let's get this started! c: (check my profile for next update)
Vote pls
Comment pls
Ily whoever decided to read
-veri