I: Wake Me Up

Rachael breathes in the crisp fall air. Her legs make her way to the nearest bust stop. Finally, she's free. For 9 months she's been in therapy, going through recovery from drugs and drinking. Her confidence has boosted. Therapy isn't really something she wants to think about anymore, it's all in her past. Even though she was just released twenty minutes ago.

A bus finally arrives, releasing several people. She walks in and sits down all the way in the back. Her first destination is to her moms house. If she'd even allow Rachael to live with her again.

Her mother wasn't exactly the best, but tried her hardest considering her husband died several years ago. Many nights of crying herself to sleep, and drinking through her problems. That's when Rachael started developing drugs and drinking problems also.

She was fifteen at the time, with friends, a social life, good grades. But then she turned into a twenty year old mess.

The bus stops. Rachael walks out and starts walking a couple blocks towards her moms house.

She knocks on the door and swings her legs back and forth. The door opens just a crack and a head peeks through it. After recognizing her daughter, Erin, Rachael's mom, let's her in.

"They let you out, or did you run away?" Erin crosses her arms.

"I was released." Rachael rolls her eyes at how her mom doubted she's get better.

Rachael looks around to see several beer bottles strewn around. The house was quite a mess, to be honest.

"At least someone got better," Erin sighs, "but why are you here?"

"To ask to live with you again-"

"No." Her mom snaps.

Rachael squints her eyes and clenches her fists. Anger problems was also something she dealt with. She breaths in deep, calming herself, and says, "Why not."

"I- I'm still struggling, Rachael. I'm not a good influence for you to be around..-"

"But don't just leave me to find a place on my own! I still need help.." Rachael stresses. Her anxiety starts and her heart beats faster.

"I have this friend. Or ex-friend. That loved you with all her heart.. You met her when you were 4. She always said, if needed, she'd take care of you. Her name's Victoria, and she lives six blocks down. Go to her." Erin starts opening the front door for Rachael.

Rachael knows it's a lost cost to fight her mother. Nothing she says will change her mind. Rachael slowly walks out of the house and hears the door slam shut behind her.

She starts walking. Her thoughts ponder on this apparent 'Victoria' person. Rachael's memory is very vague, but remembers certain moments of being with Victoria. She believes Rachael had a son, if her memory's right. She'd assume he's around her age, but that's not important right now.

After a while, Rachael stops at a house on or near the block her mom directed her to. She knocks and sees a woman with her hair tied up in a bun. She has an apron wrapped around her waist and minimal makeup. Her eyes squint and asks, "You're Rachael Pillar, aren't you?"

"I assume you never forgot about me, even after my mom and yours 'ex-friend' ordeal?" Rachael steps inside.

"My son and you were always together, as close as four year olds could be of course." She slightly chuckles.

Rachael's eyes wonder to the top of the stairs, where she sees a figure sneakily hiding from their site; spying on them.

"Patrick Martin Vaughn Stump!" Victoria yells. The figure, or her son rather, comes down the stairs and faces the both of them. He seems to have no recognition of Rachael, and looks confused at all this.

"Patrick, Rachael," Victoria gestures to Rachael, "Will be staying here for a while. I'm going to go out right now to buy her some stuff while she stays here and makes herself at home. Ok?" Patrick nods.

Shortly, Victoria leaves and Patrick and Rachael sit in silence. Patrick's face turns towards her.

"Hi, I'm Patrick." He puts his hand out.

And that's where every bad thing from here on out started.

~

Um, Hi everyone! I'm new here to wattpad and would appreciate some comments maybe...? Sorry if the story sounds boring right now, but it'll pick up soon ^~^! Also it was only in a third person Pov for this chapter! The rest will be in first povs. Well, that's it for now :3 bye ^.^!