Family Reunion

I looked around, I was surrounded. I put my hands in the air as I'm about to say something, but as my mouth opens I hear a bang. I froze, and stopped what I was about to say, I looked at myself, I'm not dead? I turned to where the sound came from, I was shocked on who I saw. I'm about to say something again, but I got cut off.

"Be carful on what you say, that shot was only a warning." He said with a glare.

"What did I do to deserve this." I asked innocently.

"You know what you did, stop playing games, and ohh by the way, say hello to your brother for me."

"Wait what! What do you mean by-"

I got cut of with a loud Bang!

I looked at myself again and saw that I'm still not dead. Not that I want to be. I sat up and saw that everyone is either gone or badly injured, but the person who was about to kill me was gone.

"Do you want revenge?" A loud voice said behind me said coldly

I looked behind me and saw -- my brother !? What, how could he still be here, after all of these years he didn't bother to just drop by and at least tell me that he was still alive. I mean I was scared to death, I thought he was lost and died!

"Do you!" He said again but slightly angrier.

I snapped back from my thoughts.

"Yes but-"

"Ok come with me"

At first I looked at him like he was crazy. But then I followed him, knowing he would soon go crazy.

* * * * * *

"Charles Adams Grammer, I demand that you tell where are we!" I shouted a little annoyed by the fact that I was about to be killed, and he acts as if nothing happened!

He rolled his eyes.

"Just be quite already." He groaned, obviously annoyed.

"Do you expect me to stop asking you questions, after I was just about to be killed, and then I was saved by my hero."I stopped expecting that he would say something, but he didn't so I continued.

"And you know what the best part is? My hero, was surprisingly my supposed to be gone brother!" I covered my mouth, surprised at what I yelled out loud.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean it like-"

"No, it's really ok, I'm the one who's supposed to be be sorry. But we can't talk right now. Ok" he said in a calmer voice.

I nodded in agreement, then followed him deeper in what looks like a forest.

"So where are we heading?" I asked, trying to cut the awkward tension between us.

"Somewhere safe from him." He said without looking at me.

I knew exactly what he meant by him. I didn't think so much about what happened earlier, but right now, I'm thinking about that I am following my brother (I'm not really sure if he is my brother because I haven't seen him in a really long time, and he had really changed) into the forest, and there isn't even a path to follow!

'Ok then, just lead your sister into the forest without telling her, where they are, and where they are going, and also not giving her a recap on to why you are still living and breathing!' I yelled in my mind, because I really don't want to test his temper.

* * * * *

After a while (long while) I spotted a camp or what seemed like a hideout. It was filled with people. I was really surprised when they started to whisper to each other my name.

"Everybody!" I turned to see Charles getting everybody's attention.

"I have found--" he looked at me "My sister, Hope Grammer."

Before I knew it everyone was looking at me. What happened after that, was so surprising, they all started to cheer and chant my name. I don't know why, but I felt cheeks flaring red. But then, I heard a familiar voice say my name.

"Hope, is that really you?" I turned around.

"Mom?"

END OF CHAPTER ONE - Family Reunion