Chapter 3

Mistykit wailed in grief as she looked out into the forest where her mother disappeared. Stonekit was no better but he quietly mourned as he followed the large tawny-coloured tom. Oakheart coaxed them on with encouragement and gentleness because he was their father."Hush,kits.I will look after you in RiverClan."Each kit continued but they both looked back for Mosskit. Tired, Mistykit collapsed on the ever landing snow.I'm falling, StarClan help me!She saw warrior's of StarClan swirling around her and she felt a painful blackness sneaking in."Mistykit we are sending you back to the living, you have a great destiny ahead."

Mistykit blinked tiredly and looked up to see a gray queen standing above her. Blindly, she padded towards her belly and desperately kneaded it for sign's of milk. Stonekit yawned enormously and also squeezed in among the other's for the warmth and comfort. Mistykit breathed in the scent confused as she realised this was not a scent she was familiar with. Quietly, she searched her memory for a scrap of information but found nothing but coldness."Hello, Mistykit."a kind voice spoke."Who are you?"Mistykit asked."Do not worry, I am your mother-Greypool."Mistykit blinked but believed her as she could not remember anything.

Stonekit was confused at the scent of the nursery but both kits needed exactly the same thing.Gently,Greypool nujged all of the kits out of their nests."Come on Mistykit play with us."yowled Graykit of Fallowtail's kits.Like she did with her real siblings, she scampered about in the snow.