Chapter 1 :Trial and Error

Rowen's P.O.V
It had been three months since they last told her what to do. Rowen never even knew who they were. All she knew was that they'd taken her parents and told her to steal, kill, and do anything to get on the Justice League's radar. Well I'm not about to kill, she thought, I don't think mom and dad would like that I saved their lives by killing others. So she stole. Today it was going to be diamonds. Rowen looked down. In her black gloved hand the note sat. The note that had told her to do this.

"We have you're parents. Do everything we say and  you might see them again. If you don't, they die. You will get noticed by the Justice League. Do whatever it takes. We will be watching you. Do not call for help. In the closet you will find you're combat gear and a dart gun. Use your skills to fill the darts with toxins you can use. You are our Nightshade."

So Rowen had made an all natural sleeping powder. Her combat outfit was a one sleeved purple shirt that left some skin showing on her left side. Rowen's pants were black and had tons of pockets. She wore black boots and black gloves. Her mask covered the lower half of her face. As a symbol of rebellion, a purple streak went through her choppy brown hair. She had added that in herself.

She stared sullenly at the diamond shop in front of her. She would steal a few diamonds, write a note and then trip the alarm. Hopefully.

She got on top of the building and slipped through the air vent. She was small enough to fit in the cramped spaces. Before Rowen slipped out of the cramped space, she let her powder loose. The guards on the inside fell asleep shortly after. The powder also revealed if there was any red motion detectors. There weren't a lot. Probably because of the guards, Rowen guessed. They wouldn't be useful if they couldn't move. They were hardly useful now.

As she jumped down out of the vent, Rowen looked at the glass case. It was locked. There were many things she was good at, but she had never had a desire to pick a lock before. As she stared at the lock, a thought came into her head. Staring at the guards' utility belts, she noticed an arrangement of keys. Maybe one of those keys opened it. Of course the chances of that happening was small. And any loud noises would be heard and wake the guards.

"Who are you?" Someone asked. Rowen turned around to find it was a guard.

"I could ask you the same thing," she said faking confidence, "you weren't at your post." He glared at her.

"How would you know that?"

"I was sent to assure there was no robbery by the Justice League. They have equipped me with knowledge of who works where and you left your post,"

"Why would the Justice League care about a little diamond shop? And why weren't we notified about you?" He looked over to his sleeping comrades, "Also, why are they asleep?"

Whelp, that lasted for a good minute. Rowen walked up to him and threw the dust in his face. He inhaled and sneezed, then shortly after, passed out. She felt like the evil tooth fairy.

Sirens blared outside. Rowen had forgotten about the silent alarms. She jumped back in the vent and got out. Police security has really gone down hill. She could've walked out on the roof and screamed at them, yet they still wouldn't have known. But Rowen was smarter than that and took it stealthily, silently climbing to the next roof. She had gotten away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I just wanted you to know that the chapters do get longer and better as time goes on!