Chapter 4 Team Work

Robin's P.O.V.

The computer still hadn't found her. It was perplexing and astonishing. Batman had the best computer ever, how could it not find her? Out of all the villains, only this one had eluded the system. To make it even more nerve racking, she clearly wasn't good at being a thief. She hadn't even gotten away from the diamond shop with a diamond. He had to tell someone this, and he knew exactly who.

Robin called a meeting with Artemis at Mount Justice in thirty minutes. He downloaded the video footage of her trying to steal the diamonds and left the manor. It was important that other people were looking for her. Somehow Robin didn't think the computer would be helpful.

Once he had arrived, he noticed that Artemis was talking to Megan, the Martian Manhunter's niece.

"Artemis, there's something you need to see." The others got up. He didn't stop them. They would want to help. Besides, they were a team now, and he needed to trust them. He put the video up.

"This girl tried to break in to a diamond shop a few days ago. She knocked out all the guards asleep except one. She didn't even try to turn off the cameras, though she indicated they were there. She seemed to be nervous, as if she didn't want to do it but had to."

"I don't see what's wrong, she didn't get any of the diamonds so what harm is she?" Connor asked. He was a clone of the one and only Superman.

"The problem is that we haven't even picked up a trace of her. It's like she doesn't exist. If her skills at robbing reflect her other skill sets, then there is no way she is doing that for herself. She might be like a mercenary, but I can't be sure. The only thing left by her was a powder that is hard to distinguish what is what. The computer picks up common herbs, suggesting it would be all natural, but the main element in the powder is unknown. The computer doesn't think that it exists. I have a feeling that if I could get a lock on this, it would lead me straight to her, but I can't."

"So what can we do?" Miss Martian asked, curiosity in her eyes.

"I was wondering if you two could look for her from above. Look for someone with this profile and then report back," Robin replied.

"You realize this could take days! We don't even know where to start!" Connor exclaimed.

"I didn't say it needed to be done in twenty-four hours, I just need something to go on."

"Ooh someone's desperate. We better help him," Artemis said, making light of the situation. "We should start with Gotham Academy, she looks about that age. I can go undercover since I already go there."

"I'll be hooked up with the computer to see if something happens," Robin replied.

"Miss. Martian and I will keep watch from above," Connor said.

"So we all know what to do?" Robin asked.

"Yes," the three team members said in unison.