Chapter 6 Detention

Rowen's P.O.V.

Rowen woke up a groggy mess. By the time she got to school, she was disheveled and moody. One a.m. wasn't a time to go to bed. Not on a school night. As she shuffled through the hall of other less tired zombies (aka students), she became even more crabby. In science she actually began to nod off.

"Miss Mason! You will wake up now!" the science professor said, loud enough to jolt her and almost make her fall out of the chair. "I know you already know this, but I expect you to at least stay awake like the rest of the class. You will stay after school and do a science report. Is that clear?"

"As a crystal, sir," she replied. He moved his attention to Richard. He was looking groggy as well.

"Well looks like my class is becoming too boring. I guess Rowen won't be the only person in detention."

"But...but...," Dick started.

"Is that understood?"

"Yes sir..."

Later on, both she and Dick met in detention. Poor Dick seemed to be having a heart attack. He hyperventilated continuously and seemed out of place in detention.
"Is this your first time in detention?"Rowen asked trying to calm him down. He looked like he needed to be somewhere.

"Yeah, duh!" he said.

"Someone gets testy when they are in trouble."

"Never mind. How many times have you been in detention?"

"Three," Rowen said. Richard looked like he was about to faint. She felt she needed to explain.

"The first time was an accident. I didn't know the rules of the new school and got in trouble because of it. The second time was because I sprayed water in the face of bully. He was making fun of my best friend. Bullies always seemed to have sway with the teachers so I got in trouble, not him. And now I'm here because I'm tired. Why were you so tired today anyway?"

"I was up late last night studying for the plant life test on Friday," he said.

"Why were you study so early? We haven't even gotten all the information yet?"

"It just means I don't have to study as much later on. Why were you so tired?"

"I have insomnia. It just means I don't sleep well sometimes, like last night," Rowen said. It was a lie, but it had to be done to keep her parents safe. She had to keep them safe. They had been her closest friends and teachers. She had always come to them for help, now they needed hers. Rowen knew they were always watching. To say the real reason would hurt her parents. That's why she had left the note; it had something very important written on it. It was Rowen's plea.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Hey guys thanks for being so supportive of my new book. I have loved writing it. Sadly because of school, I might not add new parts as fast as you might like. I will like to recommend two books by the same author @chloeannpaz. One is called Reborn and is based off of Young Justice and Justice League. The other is Dragonborn. Thanks for being so awesome!!