It All Begins

Hey!

So I decided to post the first chapter!

I will only post the second chapter when I get 30 votes total on this story because I want to build up an audience for this story.

Now enjoy and please comment! I love reading them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"See you tomorrow!" I called over my shoulder to my best friends Danielle and Aspen as I walked up to my house. I'd just gotten home from school and today was the last day. Hello summer!

I closed the door and looked at my house. I loved it. When you first came in there was a staircase leading up to the bedroom I share with my sister, Emily. To the left is the family room with a few couches and a TV in the corner. I walked through the living room, tossing my backpack on the couch in the process-and into the adjacent kitchen. I rummaged through the drawers and pantries for a bag of chips and went back out to the living room. I plopped down on the couch and turned the TV on.

"Hello, is anyone home?" I called out. I was only met with silence. That was weird. Usually, at least Emily was home. I turned the volume up on SpongeBob and tied up my long brown hair up to keep it out of my face. I was thoroughly enjoying my chips when I heard the backdoor in the kitchen open.

"Hey!" I called to whoever walked in.

"Ashley, we need to talk to you." My dad said sticking his head into the living room.

"Okay." I said. I didn't move from my spot.

"I meant we need to talk in the kitchen." Dad said growing impatient.

"But I'm comfortable here." I said shoving another handful of chips in my mouth. I'm so lady like.

"Ashley, I meant it." He said getting annoyed.

"Fine, fine, I'm coming." I said. I pulled myself up off the couch and turned the TV off. I walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table with the bag of chips still in my hand. Mom, dad, and Emily were all waiting for me. Okay, who died?

"So girls, you know how there was a big promotion available for work, right?" Dad asked.

"Well, yeah. It's the only thing you've been talking about for the past 3 weeks." Emily answered for the both of us.

"Okay, well I got the promotion." He said eyeing us warily.

"Well, that's good, isn't it?" I asked.

"It is, but...we have to move for it." He said letting the words sink in.

"Ha-ha, good one Dad." I said. Actually, that was the funniest thing I've heard all day. Two points for dad.

"No, I'm serious. The promotion is to be the manager at one of the branches in San Antonio, Texas." He explained.

"Texas?" I coughed, choking on a potato chip, "We're gonna move all the way to Texas?!" I practically screamed. Texas is too far away from New York. I'll never see my friends again...and....oh shoot I'll have to make new ones. No, this isn't happening. This is all some messed up dream. I will pinch myselfand I will wakeup.

"Ashley, why are you pinching yourself?" My mom asked worriedly. Dang it, it didn't work!

"Mom we can't move. All of our friends are here!" Emily said with tears in her eyes.

"Can't Em and I stay here in New York? We can live with grandma! She's only a few minutes away from school." I proposed.

"Grandma can't take care of you. She can hardly take care of herself!" Dad said.