Chapter 5

Hey everyone :P

sorry it's been so long since my last update. Been really busy finishing up school... gotta make it worth while since it's my last year (of highschool at least. have a year of college still :P

if you read it, please make sure to let me know what you think! if you have any questions, ask them! I love getting comments from everyone, so even just a :) or something would make my day!

Pweeze? *puppydog eyes*

anywho-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jas woke to the sound of wraak snarling. Her eyes shifted quickly over  the darkened room. What's going on, Wraak?

Some one just tried the door, then tried to break one of the windows. They just left.

Jas thought for a moment. Did you catch their scent?

Wraak nodded, and paused before breaking the news. It was a werewolf.

"Damn" she swore aloud under her breath.

Agreed. What should we do?

Jas got up and rapped the window with one knuckle. Bullet proof. The room looks like it was designed to keep witnesses safe... We should be safe, at least for tonight.

Wraak lay at Jas's side again. I hope you're right.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jas woke to clothing being dropped on her face. "wha...?"

Up. We have 10 minutes until the officer shows up.

Jas rolled over and promptly fell asleep again.

About 30 seconds later, she woke up with a thud on the floor.

Ok... Ok... I'm up. Jas got up and stretched, then shuffled towards the bathroom with her clothes tucked under one arm. She emerged less than 5 minutes later looking fresh and ready.

Let's go. After they exited their room, Jas carefully checked and double check the locked door, then strung the key on her necklace. It was a dog-tag style chain with several pendants. The bronze colour of the key brought out the gold of it's neighbour. It was her mother's engagement ring originally. Joe had given it to her on her 13th birthday. She could remember that day clearly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey honey." Joe stood with his arms opened wide, welcomeing her into his arms.

"Hey Daddy." Jaci hugged him and enjoyed the comfort and warmth of his embrace.

"Happy birthday baby girl." He smiled down at her.

Jaci smiled back, standing close to his side, a fox cub clutched in one arm. The kit -who was her birthday present from her mother- gurgled happily and snuggled into her embraced.

"Jaci... What if I told you I had another present for you?" He smiled at the exitment that played across her young face.

"You're the best, Daddy!"

He chuckled before responding. "Well... I actually have two more presents... " his eyes sparkled as she beamed at him. "One's for now, and one's only for later, ok?"