"What band is it?"

THANK YOU ALL FOR AT LEAST GIVING MY STORY A CHANCE! I KNOW IT IS SHIT, BUT ENJOY! I HOPE I WILL BE ABLE TO UPDATE BY NEXT WEEK. THANKS!
(Patrick's pov)

The gravel underneath my feet crackled around. I told Brenden I would meet him at the park by his house... He still isn't here and it's a half hour past the time he said we would meet.

I sighed, knowing he would probably not show up since he forgot about me and had scheduled other plans with his more meaningful friends. I decided to do my math homework on the picnic table by the pond since it was quiet and calm and I was already here.

If I went home, my mom would probably yell at me to do the dishes, which I didn't mind, but I didn't want to have to do the long list of other chores she seemed to save just for me as she would lounge out on our sofa and watch T.V. Most people would think that I'm just overreacting, but she writes each and everything she wants to get done on the chalk board next to our front door. She gives me "24 hours" to do them, but in reality, its the time I have from getting home from school and going to sleep. If I don't do them, she doesn't allow me to pack a lunch or buy a lunch for school until they're done.

I told her was gonna meet Brenden at the park after school, so she knows I'm gone and that I probably won't be home in like another 2 hours or so. This is the only time in which I can take a break from doing things around the house. She allows it once a week, but I never seem to be using it, since I don't have any friends besides Brendon. Might as well spend this time enjoyingly.

I loved the quiet. I enjoyed being able to relax, even if I was still doing math homework. The fountain water shooting up through it's pipes and taking little cannon balls into the water making it look like raindrops, it was calming. The sound of the lead of my pencil scraping along the white paper that had answers that, most of the time, were correct made me so calm and relaxed.

I was on my last problem when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I was expecting a bully and jumped up in response. Clutching my pencil to stab someone with it, even though i would never have the urge to actually hurt someone, I turned to what I figured was someone to bring me down... But it was Brendon.

"Hey, its just me," he said as he looked at the pencil gripped in my hand, ready to stab to defend myself. "and please don't shank me." He added as he jokimgly put his hands up in response. He sat down in the empty spot next to where I was sitting. He patted the spot by it, where I was previously sitting.

I loosened my grip and slowly sat down where he had pointed for me to sit. I set the pencil down, I can't believe you did that, you're so stupid. " I'm sorry about that," I began to apologize because that was all I ever seemed to be able to do in life. "I really, really, am sorry." I looked down at the holes in my jeans at the knees. I began to twirl the thread that was sticking out around my finger, keeping myself occupied. It was a habit.

"Dude, you're fine. And, um, sorry I didn't show up earlier. My mom said she wanted me to do the dishes. I can't believe she acts as if I'm her little slave she can order around. Anyway, what's up 'trick?" He slapped me on the back playfully. His smile disappeared. "You alright?"

At first I was confused as to why he sounded concerned, then I realized that I probably looked like I was depressed, which I slightly was. But I could never tell Brendon. He would never understand.

"Oh, um... Yeah. I'm fine." I lied and you could hear it in my voice. I could hear it in my voice. "I'm, really, O.K." I then said, confirming my lie.

He didn't look like he was buying it, but he didn't say anything. It's because he doesn't care. I told myself. Brendon was my friend, but he was more of a person I occasionally hangout with since I have nothing better to do.

"I have some exciting news." He said, but he didn't sound that enthusiastic. I stuck my fingers up the sleeve of my long sleeve shirt. Run my fingers along the scars that had started to heal. Too bad there will probably new ones this week. I thought to myself. And to think, you were clean for 7 monthes.

"Hello? Are you there?" He waved his hand in front of my face. " PATRICK?!" he yelled, it echoed throughout the entire place.

"Oh, um. Yeah?" I then answered busting back to reality. My words scraped my throat as I tried to get them out.

"WE'RE GONNA GO TO A CONCERT!" He then screeched out even louder this time. He stood up and wacked his arms out as he faced the sky. I couldn't help but laugh.

He sat back down. "Just imagine all the cute guys there, Pat." I frowned at the nickname then thought about his words. He was the only one that knew I was gay, and he excepted it since he is bisexual himself.

I then got asking, "Where did you get the money?" I was also scared of his answer as well, he wasn't the best kid on the block.

"Well, the other day, I was at the mall looking for guys, and this lady had three 20 dollar bills come out of her purse! It just fell! So, being the honest man I am," Oh god " I gave back one 20 dollar bill and she told me I could keep it, and then gave me another 20 dollars for being truthful!" I felt the urge to just face palm once he told me what he had done.

"That is only 80 dollars, what kind of cheap ass concert did you buy tickets for?" I felt myself scared again for the answer to my question.

"Oh, and I might have stole some money from her, another hot girl I chatted with, and my grandma when they weren't looking." He quickly spat out. Yes, Brendon stole from his own grandmother.

"BRENDON!" I yelled, he looked at me and just got the ticket from his pocket. Ticket. Only one. I felt myself nearly ready to run away. What trick did he have up his sleeve? I asked myself.

"Dude, heres the thing. I fucked this really hot guy named Ryan. Ryan is friends with one of the members in the band, Joe, I think? And he said he could bring a friend, which is me. I payed for you. We get front row seats!" I tried to process the information he just threw at me.

After about five minutes, I spit out, " What band is it?"