Restart

MPOV
God damn that River, Melody, whatever the Hell she calls herself. But she's right. And I hate it when other people are right, because it makes me wrong.
And I know that sounds arrogant and big headed, but the (only) good thing about me is that I listen.
So that's why I'm sitting outside our café waiting for him to come. He won't I know, because I was the one that walked away, but there's a little piece of me that wants him to. I timidly pick up a cup of boiling hot tea and relax back in my chair. So what if I'm here all afternoon, all night even, I don't care.
THREE HOURS LATER
Taking a sigh of disappointment, I get up from my chair and watch the sun disappear behind the terraced houses. I am very tempted to just stay here all night for him, but I shake my head in disagreement with myself. No Missy, don't. It's over, you've blown it. Should've kept your mouth shut. He's lost more than you, he's lost people he has loved, he has lost... too much. More than you.
I start to walk down the pavement, but a familiar face stops me in my tracks.
"You came".
"Of course I did. Just got a bit lost. Apparently London is a big place".
Theta... His hair is everywhere and so unruly, he is starting to look like Melody. Stubble has grown wildly over his chin and his eyes are tired and bloodshot. He jogs towards me and holds me by the hand.
"I'm so sorry Missy. If I had known I would have..."
"No. I'm sorry Theta. You've lost more than me and I shouldn't have been so selfish".
"How about we start again? Without all this journalism malarchy and books. Let's begin our own story".
"I'd like that a lot".
"Hi I'm Dr. Theta Ieuan Smith and I'm lonely".
"I'm Marsaili Koschei Saxon. I'm lonely too..."