twenty eight

--after spin the bottle--

Alex's POV:

"Does anyone want to go grab something to eat? I'm starving," I groaned.

"Food!!"
"Ugh, I'm starving too"
"I could eat..."
"Let's goooo."

"Alright, so from those raving reviews, I say we're going out. Where do you guys want to go?" I asked. It got quiet as everyone thought of places they wanted to go.

"Oh I know! Let's go to that Mexican place down the street!" Vic suggested.

"You Mexicans and your Mexican food," I said as I shook my head. "Alright, let's go."

We all stood up and clustered into the hallway. We made our way down to the lobby, and walked out the door together. It was dark out, but we decided to walk to the little restaurant.

We got there, and had to wait about 20 minutes for a table big enough for a party of 9 to be open. They set 3 baskets of chips and salsa down on the table, and everyone dug in.

--everyone ordered and finished--

Echo's POV:

"So you guys, when we walked here, I saw a sign for a carnival. You wanna go?" I spoke loudly so the guys could hear me.

"Yeah that's a great idea Eck!" I heard someone chime in. I grinned, feeling proud of myself. We all chipped in to pay the bill, and then we were on our way.

"Taxi!!" Vic yelled to the streets.

A big taxi pulled up next to us, and we all somehow managed to squeeze in.

"The carnival..." Tony told the driver.

"Do you know an address?" The taxi driver said blankly.

"Uhh... No sorry. Is that a problem?" Tony stumbled over his words. Aw he's nervous. I thought.

The driver laughed. "Don't worry about it kid. I've been driving people to the carnival all day."

Tony let out a sigh of relief, and we started to drive. After about 10 minutes, we got to the carnival and paid the taxi driver, who told us to have a good time.

We stepped onto the sidewalk, and were greeted with the smell of popcorn, cotton candy, and grass. There were lights shining everywhere, and it was a welcoming sight.

"You know, I haven't been to a carnival since I was 10," I admitted to the rest of the group. They all looked at me in awe.

"That's been way too long. We need to change that," Jack said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the first ride he saw. Tilt-a-Whirl.

He took out 10 dollars and paid for the both of us. I looked back at the guys for help, but I only saw Tony. He had a bit of a stony look on his face. I gave him a small smile before I was pulled into a cart.

Jack's POV:

Now was the time to hang out with Echo. She was beautiful, and I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't want me. But she looked so familiar. I just could not place it. I pulled her into the car with me, and waited for the ride to start. I guess I should make small talk.

"So Echo... Have you ever been on the Tilt-a-Whirl before?" I asked her casually.

"No actually, I haven't." She confessed.

"Well I hope you like spinning," I said with a chuckle. Her eyes widened and I heard the machine start. We started to move, and then we spun.

See, the thing is, I am the Tilt-a-Whirl master. I know how to lean to get it to lean the fastest. So know is the time to put those skills to use.

I leaned to the left, and motioned Echo to follow suit. She leaned tentatively, and then it happened. We spun like crazy, and I heard laughter a ripple through the air. I let out a laugh and started to lean the other way to manipulate the ride more. She let out a small yelp as we spun faster than the last time, and then she started to get the hang of it.

Soon the ride came to an end, and we were both slightly dizzy, and full of giggles. We stumbled off of the machine, and walked to another ride together. She locked eyes with me, and had a mischievous look in her eyes.

"Let's go to the hang gliders." She stated. She grabbed my hand and ran in the ride's direction. Luckily, this ride was only a dollar per person, so I only had to pay $2. We got on the hang gliders next to each other, and I saw the child come out in her. She had s sparkle in her eyes that was so cute, and she was grinning from ear to ear.

"Don't you just love carnivals?" She half shouted to me. I gave her a cheesy grin and nodded excitedly.

"You know-" I started. Then the ride started and she couldn't hear me.

Of course stuff like that would happen to me. I thought grumpily. Oh well. I'll tell her later. I glanced over at her, and saw her arms wide like she was flying. Her hair was whipping behind her in the most beautiful way, and she looked absolutely stunning. I smiled to myself and decided to let the joy of carnival rides overwhelm me.

A/N: wowie that's a long chapter. I'm back for a bit. Sorry for the long wait... Hope you enjoyed this!