7. Nicknames

Kageyama POV
(After minutes of being restrained)

"Have you two calm yourselves down now?" Sugawara asks us for the 5th time as Natsuki and I sit on the ground thinking of what we apparently did wrong. I hear Tsukishima holding in his laughter from behind us. Damn it. Now I'm the pitiful one. "Say yes if you understand." Sugawara tells us again.

"Yes" Natsuki and I bitterly answer.

"That's good then," Sugawara claps his hand together as if he solved the problem before any destruction can occur.

Natsuki shoots her hand up into the air. "Sugawara I'm going to get some milk, I'll come catch up with you guys later," she says and abruptly stands up then walks away.

I awkwardly sit on the ground by myself.... Actually why am I sitting down!! I quickly stand myself up and pat the dirt off of my clothes.

"Come on, we have a game to win!" Tanaka shouts as he takes the lead. Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, and I follow him while Sugawara and Daichi talk over about something from behind us.

I heard about this school but I haven't even gone here before. My first choice was Shiratorizawa and it was the only school I had in mind. Karasuno was the school that became my backup when I failed the entrance exam.

I look around the school. I have no idea where anything is but I know that most of my former classmates are attending this school. I'll probably see them all over again, even though I don't have any plans to.

"...and his face makes him look like he's a real idiot." All of our ears ring up when we hear the conversation between two boys from the Aobajousai boys volleyball team. After hearing that we end up walking into them and they jerk back in shock when they see us.

"... If you look down on us like that..." Tanaka taunts "We'll chew you up and eat you alive." All of us give them an intimidating look with crowing coming down to our side. My eyes widen when I recognized one of the two guys there, Kindaichi. I haven't seen him in two months. I try to avoid his gaze, but as I walk away he calls on me.

"Been a while your highness." He says and I stop on my tracks. "What sort of dictatorship will you subject them to. I'm looking forward to it." I clench my fists in frustration. I wanted to shout and yell at him. I hate that nickname, highness or king. It has the same meaning. My rage rises, but before I can say anything, someone calls him out.

"Hmmm your highness isn't really a name," a girl's voice answers. I turn to see it was Natsuki with a chocolate milk on her right hand. "His name is Kageyama Tobio, you should respect your opponents by saying his name." Natsuki says as she comes over and ruffles my hair like a child. Just that gesture felt so relieving like a burden has been lifted to the slightest degree.

"Hey what gives you the right --" the other boy stops Kindaichi and whispers something to him, leaving Kindaichi widening his eyes in surprise. What are they talking about?

"Are you Natsuki Serizawa, the Merciless Queen?" The guy next to Kindaichi asks her. She stands there frozen hearing that name.

Why did he just call her out like that? I remember Daichi calling her the same thing. I read volleyball magazines that claimed that as the setter in her team. She aimed for perfection, but what's wrong with that? Besides isn't her last name Tsukiyomi? Why is everyone saying it's Serizawa?