Not so sweet home

I ended up telling my family the bad news and they didn't take it so well... in fact they insisted I was lying and sent me to my room to 'think about what I say before I say it'.

I felt so disowned. First my mother and now this? My whole family now doesn't wanna know me? This is the one time I need them most and they weren't there...

I'm so confused... I thought they loved me! I need them!!

I was furious. An overwhelming wave of emotions flooded my mind and the thoughts were driving me insane

They don't love you
They don't need you
They don't want you
They don't care
They aren't sorry
Since when did you matter?

I felt so neglected, so alone.

I sat on my bed and held my head in my hands, sobbing endlessly. I couldn't control it and for now, crying was the only thing I felt was necessary.

I was now oblivious to the fact that I had pulled out a suitcase and shoving in items.
Bras, underwear, shirts, jeans, shorts, pyjamas...

Am I really going to do this?

I had to, I needed to.

"I must escape from it all, I can't go on like this!" I mumbled under my breath as I resumed loading my suitcase.

I quickly checked my bank account to see I had enough money, I knew I did but reassurance was exactly what I needed in my situation of uncertainty.

"$35,000"

Should I leave a note?? Or should I wait for them to figure it out themselves?
And what am I gonna do about the cat!

Luna was sitting there, watching every pace I made and every object that I shoved inside my suitcase.

"Are cats even allowed on the plane?" I questioned as I carefully placed myself beside Luna, giving him slow strokes.

They would definitely know something's up if I take him but I can't leave him behind. He will be so depressed without me!

"You wanna come with me buddy?"

I softly stared into his amazing green eyes, he walked across my lap repeatedly and then jumped up to smooch my face.

"Alright, you're coming. But your not gonna like how I'm taking you or where we're going!"

He didn't seem to care as he strutted straight into his cage - something he's never done before.

------------------------------------------------

I decided to leave a note for my family in the end.

So much for one big happy family! I'm leaving and I'm never coming back! Don't bother trying to contact me because I'm getting a new number. I hope this is what you wanted. Goodbye.

I hope I wasn't being too harsh on them but to be honest, they deserved it.

------------------------------------------------

I creeped out the back door, sat at a nearby bench seat under a tree and called Cassidy.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cass! I need your help."

"Sure thing, what's up?"

I paused briefly, not sure wether I should explain the situation or make things easy and take her with me.

"How much money do you have?" I ended up asking. Of all places to start I began with that? Jeez, I sounded like I was poor...

"Ummm in my jar I have $138 and in my bank I have.... something like $2000, why?"

It was just enough money for a ticket and luggage payment.
"Do you wanna come to America with me? I'm leaving tonight but I just need a ride to the Airport. I was thinking G could take us."

It went silent for 2 minutes flat, I sat there anxiously shaking my feet.

"I would love to!" She cheered

"Yay! Oh by the way, you don't have to stay there forever, if you want to you can head back home. I'm staying forever."

"Forever?" She questioned with concern.

"Umm yeah. I'm actually running away, I-"

"Running away?!! Again!!! Jaymie, think about your family..."

I sat there, speechless, my eyes gradually growing cloudy.

"They will miss you if you leave, and your only 14! They will be so worried" she reassured.

For a moment I actually believed her kind words. What if they did want me around after all? What if they actually would miss me? What if I made them scared?

No, it's not true! They don't want you! They don't care about you, they never did and they most likely never will!

"I told them the news... they told me to go to my room. They think I'm lying." I replied softly, trying to hold back the tears but they fell against my will.

"Oh no, Jay. Are you alright?"

"Cass, I haven't been okay for 7 years. My life is a disaster and I'm always miserable, this is a chance I have to take. I can start new!"

She knows this.
I've told her time and time again.
She knows my whole life story! She can't bail out on me now!

"Of course I'll come with you! I would never leave you like that! Best friends don't ditch each other, especially a Virgo. We're in this together!"

I'm blessed to have her by my side, I don't deserve her.

"Together." I emphasized with enthusiasm.

"Alright, I don't want you to walk all the way to mine with a heavy suitcase so-"

"I also have a cat with me!" I interrupted excitedly, I couldn't help but giggle, what a random thing to say in a moment like this!

"You WHAT! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" She bellowed loudly over the phone - so loud that I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Hahaha, yeah I couldn't leave him behind, it wouldn't be fair. So anyway, what were you saying before I interrupted?"

"Oh yeah, where are you? We'll pick you up."

"I'm sitting at the park bench under the shaggy tree."

We called it the shaggy tree because it looked kinda like Shaggy from Scooby Doo, well not really. It just looked like a tree with really Scruggy 'hair' and 'eyes'.

"Please hurry," I begged, "there's a dog down the end of the road and I don't want it to attack Luna!"