Chapter 10: The encounter that changed everything

...2364...

...Enterprise...11 hours later...

In the alloted time that passed, I was able to meet Doctor Beverly for the second time (At least to me) and introduced myself to her. Wesley turned out to be a nice kid. I decided to visit the holodeck just to see for myself Cippalla. I stood on the very top of a huge mountain called Mount Deli. The city of Decafros lay below my view.

"So this is what Cippalla looks like," Riker's voice came behind me.

I flailed my arms and fell forward only for Riker to catch me by the hand.

"Don't scare me like that!" I snapped, with a mighty frown.

"Did you see how far you jumped?" Riker asked. "That was worth it!"

I sighed, and with some help I was brought back up to the elevated surface. Riker let go of the hand. I turned around to face Riker.

"What cha' here for?" I asked.

"The illness Ensign Bay had," Riker said. "How did you come about that?"

The illness is capable of being jumpstarted by trauma to the head specifically in the Frontal Lobe. I noticed Riker had a clean shaven face, essentially lacking that iconic beard I had grown to known him with in the Star Trek The Next Generation reruns. It seemed so weird to see Commander Riker without a beard. The thing that hadn't changed is his black and red uniform, including three pins along the collar.

"Oh that illness Ensign Bay hd," I said. "I read a book about it."

"You love books?" Riker said, as though I were joking.

"I do," I said. "So much adventure in them," I glance over to the rock then back to Riker. "Not just because Padds are generally used to read books nowadays."

"So you do like reading?" Riker asked.

"Yes," I said.

Riker looked upon the city.

"The city is so bustling," Riker said.

"It is actually beautiful when you are there," I said, fondly.

"It must be beautiful as your eyes," Riker said.

I laughed.

"How flattering," I said.

"You have a unique home planet," Riker went on to say. "I never met a Cippallon before."

"Then I am your first," I said, with a little laugh. "First Ensign Cippallon, probably."

I recall someone telling me that I was in fact the first Cippallon. It was my mother! Carly's mother; Jennifer Bell. Her father loves to be in nature while her mother prefers to stay indoors. I saw a memory of Carly planting with her father,George Bell. He had a head that was balding in the memory.

"I didn't catch your name," Riker said.

"Carly Bell," I said, holding my hand out.

Riker shook my hand.

"Mine is Will Riker."

Fangirl mode, fangirl mode, conceal fangirl mode.

"Nice name," I said.

We stopped shaking hands.

"I'll see you around," Riker said.

"You too," I said. "It was nice meeting you."

Riker went back in the direction he had came. Earlier on my way to the holodeck I saw splatter of water on the rug leading all the way to a elevator like lift. So someone went swimming in the holodeck. Wow that is a surprise; there is a swimming pool armed with a force field to keep the water inside in case there of there being a incident where the ship is crashing down. I know that because I have researched much about the security systems for crash landing aboard the Enterprise.